New! Augusta Summer Music Program
Dates: July 9 - 20, 2018
Finale Concert July 20th 6:30 p.m.
Camp and Concert location: Washington Middle School
Does your child love music? Sign up for Summer Music Camp and advance your child’s musical skills over the summer. Students will work with certified music teachers in small groups as well as large ensembles. Students will increase their skills on instruments and voice as well as expand their knowledge of music theory and musicianship.
- Open to all students entering grades 4-12 in the fall!
- Low cost affordable camp. Scholarships are also available.
- Sign-up for Band, Orchestra, & Chorus! Instrument rental included.
- Exploratory classes in guitar, drums, theory & composing!
- Plus New Advanced Chamber Groups for High Schoolers!
Marta Kwiczor is the Program Director for Summer Music Camp. Ms. Kwiczor is the Director of Band and Orchestra at Washington Middle School in Meriden.
Augusta Summer Music Program Schedule:
- 8:00-8:30 a.m. Breakfast provided to all students 18 and below.
- AM Session
- 8:30-11:30 a.m. Choose one ensemble, Band, Orchestra, or Chorus. Music level geared towards current 4-9 graders.
- 11:30-12:00 p.m. Lunch provided to all students 18 and below.
- PM Session
- 12:00-2:30 p.m. Rotate through 3 courses each day. Guitar, World Drums, Theory/Composition. These are beginner courses for mixed levels.
- Advanced Chamber Groups
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. Advanced Chamber Groups. These are for students in high school or younger with appropriate playing level. Any instrument and voice are welcome. Group types will depend on registration and interest area.
Prices for the entire two week program:
- One session only, AM OR PM only: $120
- Both AM and PM: $200
- Advanced Chamber Group on its own: $100
- All Sessions/whole day(AM, PM, and Chamber) $300
Current High School Students: Students going into grades 10-12+ count as volunteers and do not have to pay for AM or PM programs, they would only pay for the Chamber program. If these students volunteer the whole day will get a special discounted price of $50 for the Chamber program. Registration forms still need to be submitted for all students involved.
- Choose your ensemble - Band, Orchestra or Chorus and/or Advanced Chamber Groups.
- Choose your time - full day, half day, or both.
- Pick up your registration packet at the Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street or click on the links below to download the forms to print out.
- Please also click on the Google doc link below to complete the online form.
- Bring registration and payment to the Meriden YMCA.
- Music Camp Registration Form
- Medical Form
- Authorization to administer medicine
- Google Docs registration form
If you need scholarship information, please contact Carolyn Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the music program please contact Marta Kwiczor, Program Director, at 860-748-3730 or send an email to email@example.com
This camp is co-sponsored by the Augusta Curtis Cultural Center and the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA.Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›