2020 Camp Information will be available in January
Augusta Summer Music Program
ACCC in partnership with the Y
Dates: July 15 - 26, 2019
Location: Washington Middle School
Finale Concert July 26th 6:30 p.m.
Does your child love music? Sign up for Summer Music Camp and advance your child’s musical skills over the summer. Students will work with certified music teachers in small groups as well as large ensembles. Students will increase their skills on instruments and voice as well as expand their knowledge of music theory and musicianship.
- Open to all students entering grades 5 - 12 in the Fall.
- Low cost affordable music camp. Scholarships are also available.
- Sign-up for Band, Orchestra, & Chorus! Instrument rental included.
- Exploratory classes in guitar, drums, theory & composing!
- Advanced Chamber Groups for High School students!
Marta Kwiczor is the Program Director for the Augusta Summer Music Camp. Ms. Kwiczor is the Director of Band at Washington Middle School in Meriden.
Music Camp Schedule:
- Breakfast snack: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. A breakfast snack is provided to all students 18 and below.
- AM Session: 8:30-11:30 a.m. Choose one ensemble, Band, Orchestra, or Chorus. Music level geared towards current 4-9 graders.
- Lunch Break: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Lunch provided to all students 18 and below.
- PM Session: 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. Rotate through 3 courses each day. Guitar, World Drums, Theory/Composition. These are beginner courses for mixed levels.
- Advanced Chamber Groups/Jazz Combo 2:00 - 3:15 p.m. These are for students in high school or younger with appropriate playing level. Any instrument and voice are welcome. Group types will depend on registration and interest area. There is a separate fee for this.
Fees for the two week program:
- Full Day Program $200
- Half Day Program $120
- Advanced Chamber Group on its own: $100
- All Sessions/whole day(AM, PM, and Chamber) $300
- High School Student Volunteers: Students in High School do not need to pay the $120 fee for the AM and PM sessions, but must pay for the Chamber Groups/Jazz Combo component, which is $50 for volunteers and $100 for students not volunteering in other sessions. Registration must be completed for all students. Scholarships are available.
Registration: Click the links below to for the Camp Registration info and to download the camp forms or pick up a camp registration packet at the Meriden YMCA. Bring completed forms to the Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street.
- 2019 Mountain Mist Camp Registration Information and Forms
- If you need scholarship information, please contact Carolyn Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the music program please contact Marta Kwiczor, Program Director, at 860-748-3730 or send an email to email@example.com
This camp is co-sponsored by the Augusta Curtis Cultural Center and the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA.
More about our Music Camp Program Director
Marta Kwiczor is the founder and director of the Augusta Summer Music program. Ms. Kwiczor is also the band director at Washington Middle School in Meriden, CT where she received Teacher of the Year in 2014 and is involved in new teacher training. She has been teaching since 2004 and holds bachelors, masters, and 6th year degrees in Music Education. She is an active member of the Connecticut Music Educators Association, holding several leadership positions over the years as well as adjudicating in festivals. In addition, she performs on saxophone and clarinet in various local groups.
The summer music program began in 2012 as a collaboration with the Augusta Curtis Cultural Center and in recent has joined forces with the YMCA with support from the MPS Music Department. We have grown over the years in participants and offerings. Our goal is to provide students with a high quality and affordable summer musical experience. We are proud to have a wonderful community of musicians, many returning as volunteers and teachers.
To see our Music Camp Photo Album click the photo below.Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›