We are excited to welcome you back to the Y. Please see below for our hours, schedules and policies.
Hours of Operation
Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street, Meriden, CT 06451
- Monday - Thursday 5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday hours 5:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Closed Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Regular schedule all other days.
Mountain Mist Outdoor Center, 576 High Hill Road, Meriden, CT 06450
- Monday (Starting June 14th) 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday (Starting June 15th) 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday (Starting June 16th) 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday (Starting June 17th) 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday (Starting June 25th. Closed June 18th.) 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday (Starting May 29th) 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday (Starting May 30th) 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Mountain Mist Outdoor Center information
Group Exercise Schedule
- Click on the link below or use the Meriden YMCA mobile app to find the latest schedule.
- Reservations are needed for spinning and yoga.
- Meriden YMCA Group Exercise Schedule Effective 5-13-21
- Click here for Indoor Pool Schedule
- Please note: Our pool will be closed Thursday June 10th after 5:00 p.m.
Updated COVID Policies Effective May 19, 2021
As always the safety of our members, staff and guests is our priority.
- In general, be kind and give people their space.
- Wear your mask if you are unvaccinated.
- As cute as your face is, don’t touch it.
- Wash your hands a lot and make it last 20 seconds.
- Wipe down exercise equipment.
- Members, staff, and guests ages 12 and older will not be required to wear a mask in our building if they have been fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated is two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after the one shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- We will be following Governor Lamont’s advice and will utilize the honor system.
If you are vaccinated and are more comfortable continuing to wear the mask you are welcome to do so.
Hart House residents at the New Britain YMCA are required to wear masks in the residence.
Masks are required for those who are unvaccinated, for those in child care and school based programs, and for any Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA staff person working with children.
Swim instructors will continue to wear face shields while teaching.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- We will continue our stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites.
- The Y will only use products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We will be using the Electrostatic Sprayer daily.
- We also ask members to please wipe down machines before and after use.
- If you use a mat, shower, etc. you must spray and wipe down after usage.
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing should also be practiced while at the YMCA.
Here are the COVID screening questions. Please review them before visiting. If your answer yes to any of these you are not permitted to enter the Y.
1. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu symptoms not assessed and cleared by your primary physician?
3. Have you knowingly been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the community?
4. Did someone in your household get a COVID-19 test (not related to regular screening or medical procedure) and is waiting for their test results?
Reservations are only required for Meriden Spinning and Yoga classes. Register online or call the front desk at the Meriden YMCA at 203.235.6386. The link for online reservations is as follows: https://operations.daxko.com/Online/5199/Visit/ScheduleVisitBranchInfo.mvc
Note: All policies are subject to change and are reviewed on a regular basis with the guidance from local health departments, State of CT DPH and YMCA COVID-19 reopening committee.
Other items to note:
- Child Watch and the Exergame Room are closed at this time.
- Children cannot come to Y and wait outside exercise class or fitness center for parent.
- Group exercise classes are held in the Aerobics Room, the Gymnasium and Multipurpose Room.
- The spin studio has been repurposed for personal training. When not being used for personal training it can be used for an individual workout area. Spinning has been moved to the Multi-Purpose Room.
- Please bring your own basketball and racquetball equipment.
Resources for more information:
- CDC guidance for information on two layer face masks.
- State of Connecticut COVID-19 Guidance
- City of Meriden Health Department