- June 20 Meriden YMCA Phase One Reopening Information
- See information below for updates
- Check out our Welcome Back Video!
Hours of Operation
We’ll have abbreviated hours in Phase One as we begin reopening with the new guidelines.
- Monday – Thursday 5:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday 5:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday and Sunday 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Effective July 20th: Senior Only Hour Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:30-2:30 PM. Our active older adult members may reserve time in Silver Sneakers class, fitness center, pool, or indoor track.
Check In Procedures
- State of Connecticut Travel Advisory
- Temperature Check - Members and staff will be screened before entering our building with questions and a temperature check. We will review our Phase One facility rules with members prior to entry. Anyone who has a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed in the facility.
- Masks are required for everyone's safety. The Y requires that face masks be worn in all common areas. Masks may be removed during classes or strenuous exercise if social distancing is maintained.
- Entrance is through the Butler Street side only, after you visit the temperature tent.
- Children are only allowed in the building for the following: family swim time (by reservation); family basketball time (by reservation); scheduled swim lessons (make ups for session interrupted by COVID closure); with a parent for front desk business (i.e. registering for a program). Child must be accompanied by parent at all times. Child Watch and Exergame Room are closed.
- Call us at 203.235.6386 during our business hours to reserve your workout time. You can make the reservation up to 24 hours in advance. Reservations are on a first come first served.
- If you come to the Y without a reservation, we will do our best to schedule you for a workout on a space available basis, abiding by all of the safety and capacity guidelines.
- The fitness area equipment has been spread out into two rooms to meet the safety guidelines. The fitness center has weights and cardio. The multipurpose (karate) room also has cardio equipment. You can reserve time in each room.
- Classes are by reservation only. Children age 12 and up may attend group exercise class with parents. Child must be part of the same family membership and living at the same household. Participation in group exercise classes is by reservation only. No drop ins.
- Meriden YMCA group exercises are for Meriden-New Britaiin-Berlin YMCA members only at this time. No guests from other YMCAs.
- Child Watch and the Exergame Room are closed.
- Children cannot come to Y and wait outside exercise class or fitness center for parent.
- Classes will be offered in the aerobics studio with numbers on the floor, in the gymnasium, and outside where possible.
- Group exercise classes will now have a maximum of 6 – 9 people depending on the class if it is held in the Aerobics Room. Classes held in the gymnasium will have a larger capacity. Participants will be spaced 12 feet apart. Individuals do not have to wear a mask while working out while safely distanced from others.
- Spinning classes will take place in the gymnasium.
- The spin studio has been repurposed for personal training. When not being used for personal training it can be used for an individual workout area.
- Group Exercise Schedule
- Group Exercise Classes are by reservation. Reservations for evening classes must be received by 2:00 PM the day of the class. Reservations for morning classes must be received by 7:00 PM the previous evening. Reservations are first come first served.
What is open during Phase One of the YMCA Reopening?
July 25th Update: Family Swim Time
Starting Monday July 27th we will be offering Family Swim from 10:45-11:30 AM, and 11:45 AM-12:30 PM Monday – Friday at the Meriden YMCA indoor pool.
How it will work:
- One family per time slot. All swimmers must be on the same family membership and living in same household, with a maximum of 6 family members.
- An adult (parent/guardian) must go in the pool with the children. No drop offs.
- A two lane area will be opened for the family. There will be a closed lane between the family swim area and lap swimmers.
- Family swim time is by reservation only. Families can make reservations up to one day in advance by calling the Y during our regular business hours at 203.235.6386. Reservations are on a first come first served basis.
- Family swim reservations must be made by 8:00 AM the day of the family swim time. If we do not have any families who have made a reservation by 8:00 AM, we will open those lanes for lap swimmers during those times.
- Swimmers must shower before coming to the Y. Showers are not available during the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCAs Phase One reopening.
- We encourage swimmers to come dressed in their bathing suit to maximize their exercise time during their reserved time slot. The family locker room will be the only locker room open during this phase, for bathrooms and changing quickly. No showers. Our bathrooms will also be open.
- Entrance to the pool is through the Family Locker room. Exit is from the pool deck door near the lobby.
- All PPE masks are to be worn until you are at your lane and are ready to enter the water. Once you are out of the water, your mask must be on until you are out of the building.
- Pool Rules.
July 20th Update: Half of the gym has been reserved for those members who want to reserve a basketball hoop.
- Individual reservation- Two hoops available per hour. One person per basketball hoop. Each person must stay in their hoop area, and may not play each other. Bring your own ball.
- Family reservation - One family can reserve this area for an hour. They must all be part of the same household membership and living at the same address.
June 20 Reopening Plan: During Phase One, locker rooms (except family locker room), open gym time, open swim time, child watch, and exergame room are closed in accordance with the safety guidelines. No showers.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Our Mountain Mist Outdoor Center is not open for member use at this time.
- Members must preregister to use the pool.
- One swimmer per lap lane.
- Aqua Aerobics in shallow end for 8 members for 45 minutes each. There will be two classes Monday through Friday, one at 8:45 AM and one at 9:45 AM. Classes will be held using lanes 3-6, allowing lap swim in 1 and 2. No equipment will be used for two weeks (We will review all new safety guidelines and schedules at this time and publish updates as needed.) All by reservation only.
- Family Swim Time starts July 27th, by reservation, one family per time spot.
- Swimmers must shower before coming to the Y. Showers are not available in the Phase One reopening.
- We encourage swimmers to come dressed in their bathing suit to maximize their exercise time during their reserved time slot. The family locker room will be the only locker room open during this phase, for bathrooms and changing only, no showers, Our bathrooms will also be open.
- Entrance to the pool is through the Family Locker Room. Exit is from the pool deck door near the lobby.
- All PPE masks are to be worn until you are at your lane and you are ready to enter the water. Once you are out of the water you must put your mask back on and wear it until you are out of the building.
- By reservation. Max of 2 people. Over age 21.
Visitors and Guest Policy
- Only Meriden-New-Britain-Berlin YMCA members and staff will be allowed in the buildings due to safety and capacity guidelines. No members from other YMCAs, guests, or visitors.