Sign up early and save. Learn more at Early Registration Savings.
2024 Camp Session Dates
Session 1: June 17 - June 28, 2024
Session 2: July 1 - July 12, 2024 (no camp July 4)
Session 3: July 15 - July 26, 2024
Session 4: July 29 - August 9, 2024
Session 5: August 12 - August 23, 2024
2024 Camp Open House Dates
Is your family new to Mountain Mist Day Camp? Come to our Open House. Dates and times to be announced
Does my child need a membership to go to camp?
- To register for Mountain Mist Day Camp, your child must have a current membership at the Meriden or New Britain-Berlin YMCA. Your child would need to be part of a family membership or have their own youth membership.
- You do not need a membership if you are using the Campership Scholarship. You will need a membership if you sign up for additional sessions using our financial aid program.
- The CT Lions Club Pathfinders Camp does not require campers to have a membership.
- If your child had a membership in the past and needs to reactivate and update it, call us at (203) 235.6386 and we can help over the phone.
- If your child does not have a membership now, come to the Meriden YMCA to sign them up before you register for camp.
- For first-time camp families who do not have a membership already, ask about our special new camp family membership rate. This special rate is good for one year. Contact Sarah at 203-235-6386.
If you want your child to start on the first day of the camp session you are registering for, your complete registration including the medical form must be in by noon on the Friday before the session. If your child has attended Mountain Mist in the past, please email the nurse at email@example.com to make sure your medical form is up to date. If you register your child Friday after 12:00 p.m. - Sunday at 12:00 p.m. before a session starts, your child will start camp on Tuesday.
Please note all camp payments must be made in full before the camper attends camp unless other arrangements have been made.
How to Register
- Before you register, have your camp selection and bus information ready.
- If your membership is already up-to-date you can register online from the comfort of your home.
- Please see our Program Registration Guide if you have not registered for programs online before.
- If you are unable to register online from your home, please contact us at (203) 235-6386 to make an appointment to complete your registration at the Meriden YMCA.
- If you register in person, please bring your completed cap forms and have your form of payment ready. If you are applying for camp for kids, bring your completed summer form.
- The City of Meriden camp voucher program is no longer available.
- Financial assistance - If you need financial assistance to pay for camp, the Y accepts Care4Kids and offers camp scholarships to those who qualify. Please scroll down the page for mare Care4Kids details.
- Camp Scholarship - If you are applying for a Camp Scholarship, your scholarship must be approved before registering. Registrations for campership camp scholarships are by appointment. Contact Sarah Cruz at 203-235-6386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Balances - Any back balances on your account must be paid before you can register for this summer. All camp balances must be paid one week before the start of the session the camper is registered for.
- Camp Payments - All camp payments must be made in full before the camper attends camp unless other arrangements have been made. Camp payments are auto-drafted weekly so camp is paid for by the start of camp
- Refund Policy - Should I wish to withdraw my child from the program, I agree to give two weeks written notice. Refunds will not be given once the session has begun, if written notice has not been received.
- DCF camp registrations - Registrations are by appointment. DCF staff please contact Sarah Cruz at 203-235-6386 or email her at email@example.com.
- It is the parent/guardian responsibility to complete necessary Care 4 Kids paperwork and to make sure it is kept up to date. Please use the Summer Parent Agreement Form.
- $185, or 50% of chosen camp must be paid for at time of registration or scheduled to be paid for each session registered.
- Campers' accounts will be adjusted accordingly when Care 4 Kids funds are received.
- Parent/guardian is responsible for the balance not covered by Care4Kids.
Please read our Camp FAQs and Policies Before Registering
Medical Forms & Care Plans
Mountain Mist Day Camp uses CampDoc, an electronic, web-based health record system to maximize the health and safety of our campers during the summer, and after school participants throughout the year.
- Your medical information must be submitted through CampDoc.
- Once registered in Daxko, you will receive an invite from CampDoc to provide your medical information.
- Medical information must be entered and completed by the week before your camper attends camp.
- Please refer to the CampDoc “how to” information link for step by step instructions.
- CampDoc Parent Letter
- CampDoc User Information
- CampDoc Health Profile
- CampDoc Upload Documents
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Every camper needs a medical form signed by your provider in order to attend camp. You will need to print the form and have your medical provider complete them. Then upload the document to CampDoc. Email the camp nurse with any questions at email@example.com.
- State law prohibits a child from attending camp without the medical forms completed by a physician within 36 months prior to attending camp. If you have attended in the past, please check with the camp nurse by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to check if your form is up to date before getting a new one.
- If your child needs to take medication at camp and/or has a care plan, they must be dropped off to the nurse the Saturday before the camp session starts at the downtown Y 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. They may not be dropped off the day camp starts.
- Medication drop-off dates: June 15, June 29, July 13, July 27, August 10, 2024
- If you have questions for the camp nurse please send an email to email@example.com.
- Authorization to administer medicine
If you prefer to register with paper instead of online, click on the links below, print and complete them and bring them to the Meriden YMCA front desk.