The true power of the Y is in the hearts and actions of every neighbor who believes in our vision of a stronger community for all.
Thanks to the generosity of our members, staff, volunteers and donors we are able to provide safe, nurturing child care for kids to learn and grow, life-saving swim lessons, summer camp scholarships, holiday meals for neighbors and members, and membership and program assistance to keep our community members active, healthy and connected.
Here are some of the highlights of how the MNBBY served our community last year. The MNBBY:
- Provided over $1,235,498 in scholarships for membership and programs (no one is turned away for inability to pay for those who demonstrate need)
- Employed 826 staff and provided 172 summer jobs helping many youth learn valuable employment skills in their first job
- Provided outdoor fun, adventure and friendship at Mountain Mist and Camp Thundermoon
- Expanded our high quality affordable child care offerings for working families
- Kept members active, healthy and connected to improve their mind, body and spirit
- Introduced new programs for adults including Salsa Lessons, Adult Painting and Brain Gym in Meriden, Belly Dancing in New Britain, and Pickleball in both locations
- Taught children and adults the lifesaving skill of swimming
- Provided youth and adult sport lessons and leagues
- Fostered creativity through arts, dance and STEM programs
- Provided our Child Watch babysitting service at no extra charge to our full members with family memberships
- Distributed and delivered over 700 holiday to-go meals on Thanksgiving Day and again on Christmas Day
- Housed over 80 men in our Hart House Member-In-Residence Program and provided holiday meals for them.
Together, we can provide food for those who are hungry, child care for parents who need to go to work, a safe, nurturing space for kids, housing for those who are homeless, and opportunities for kids and adults to stay active.
Strong communities are built by people who care about one another.
John Benigni, CEO, Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
Steve Markoja, Chief Operating Officer, Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
Carmen Chaparro, Branch Executive Director, Meriden YMCA
Marci Moskal, Branch Executive Director, New Britain and Berlin YMCAs
P.S. Please help us serve our community members. No donation is too small. Your donation is tax deductible.
Here’s how your contribution makes an impact in our community:
- $50 provides two days of child care to create a brighter future
- $90 provides three children a fun filled day of camp
- $100 brightens the holidays for 10 people with a holiday meal
- $250 gives 6 children a youth sports experience for active, safe fun
- $500 allows 9 children to have life-saving swim lessons
- $750 provides a month of preschool to prepare a child for success in school
- $1,000 provides two weeks of summer camp fun for 3 children
- Call us at (203) 235-6386.
- Donate online now by clicking on the button below.
- Mail or drop off your donation.
Thank you for your support. Together, we make our community stronger.