At the Y, we focus on transforming lives and helping each other achieve goals.
At the YMCA, we focus on transforming lives and helping each other achieve goals. We also emphasize making new friends and connecting with our community. The words achievement, belonging, and relationships are intertwined in all we do. Our group exercise classes, gyms, and pools help strengthen physical bodies. The Y strives to also strengthen the mind and spirit.
Membership Options & Benefits
At the Y you have two options for membership: a program membership or a full facility membership. A program membership is a basic membership so that you can register for classes. A full facility membership gives you access to the facilities and you save when you register for programs and summer camp with special lower rates for full members.
- ENJOY ALL THE AMENITIES including pool, fitness center, indoor track, sauna (for adults 21 and over), basketball gyms, racquetball courts.
- GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES are included with your membership at no additional cost.
- REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS HELD AT ANY OF OUR THREE YMCAS at the lower full member rate.
- ENJOY SUMMER MEMBERSHIP to the Meriden YMCA Mountain Mist Outdoor Center which is included with family, single parent family, adult, and senior adult memberships.
- A FITNESS CENTER ORIENTATION is included to show you how to use the fitness equipment.
- BABYSITTING IN CHILD WATCH is included for children who are part of your family membership.
- FULL MEMBERS PAY THE LOWER PRICE for programs and for summer camp.
- FRIDAY NIGHT PLAYTIME at Exploration Station is included for Household and One Adult Household members. Child must be part of membership.
Try the Y
Try the Y
Want to see what the Y has to offer? Try out the YMCA for free for five days. This pass is valid for community members (adult, family, single parent family or senior adult) who have never visited the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA.
- It is only for one-time use for five consecutive days.
- May not be combined with other offers.
- See Membership Options for descriptions of memberships.
- Contact the Welcome Center for details at (203) 235.6386.
How to Join
- Download the Membership Application and Health Form, complete them and bring them to the Meriden YMCA.
- Please note health forms must be completed for ALL members on the membership.
- Bring your photo ID with you.
- For Silver Sneakers, Renew Active, or Silver and Fit members: Please bring your insurance card, and Silver Sneakers, Renew Active, or Silver and Fit ID number if you have it.
The Y removes financial barriers by providing scholarships to those that qualify. We want everyone to be part of our community regardless of income or financial situation. Membership means more than fitness at the Y.
Financial assistance is available for qualifying individuals and families. Applications are available at our Front Desk. Contact the Welcome Center for details at (203) 235.6386.