When you belong to the Y, you build more than muscle, you strengthen our community. Every day the impact of the Y is felt when someone makes a healthy choice, a teacher or coach inspires a child and builds their confidence, and when neighbors come together for the common good.
We are hopeful you will continue to support the Y. Our Y has helped our community stay healthy. We ask that you please keep your membership active so we can keep our Y healthy during these challenges. Your support is more critical than ever.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
John Benigni, CEO, Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
Steve Markoja, Branch Executive Director, Meriden YMCA
Exercise Your Heart in More Ways Than One
Workout and help out. When you join the Y, you’re committing to more than simply becoming healthier. You are supporting the values and programs that strengthen your community. At the Y, children learn what they can achieve, families spend quality time together, and we all build relationships that deepen our sense of belonging. For more than a workout. For a better us.™
MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS AND BENEFITS
At the Y you have two options for membership, a program membership or a full facility membership.
A program membership is a basic membership so that you can register for classes.
A full facility membership gives you access to the facilities and you save when you register for programs and summer camp with special lower rates for full members.
Memberships are drafted monthly out of a bank or credit card account or you can purchase three month or one year memberships.
Please note some areas are closed during the YMCA's Reopening such as Child Watch, Exergame Room, Exploration Station. Mountain Mist is not open to members yet. Please click here for details and a video tour of the Y.
How to sign up for a new membership:
- Go to the Schedules page to read the Reopening Plan, watch the video and check the schedules
- Read the FAQs
- Download the forms and complete them and bring them to the Y. Health forms must be completed by all members on the membership. For example, if you sign up for a family membership, complete a health form for each member included in the family membership.
- Bring your driver's license with you.
- If you are signing up for a Silver Sneakers, Renew Active or Silver and Fit membership, please bring your insurance card and Silver Sneakers, Renew Active or Silver and Fit id number. In addition to the paperwork above there is a Silver Sneakers waiver to complete for that program. We have these at the Y.
FULL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
- FREE babysitting while you work out (for children that are part of family membership during our regular Child Watch hours). - Closed now per the Governor-
- FREE Friday Night Fun play time at Exploration Station 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. Click here to learn more. - Closed for now
- Use of all of the wellness facilities (indoor pool, fitness center, indoor track, gym with basketball and /or volleyball setup, racquetball courts, aerobics and spinning studios, dry sauna, locker room) - Locker rooms closed except Family Locker Rooms for quick change by swimmers and bathroom use. No showers.
- Summer membership to the Meriden YMCA Mountain Mist Outdoor Center (outdoor pool, tennis, basketball, hiking trails, playscapes and more)- Outdoor center is closed for now to members. Only open for camp
- FREE GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES INCLUDING:
INCLUDED IN YOUR FULL MEMBERSHIP! - By reservation
- AQUA Aerobics
- Bollywood ZUMBA
- Body Shred
- Barbell Strong
- Tabata Bootcamp
- Combat Cardio Kickboxing
- Tai Chi
- Floor, Core and More
- ZUMBA® Gold
- ZUMBA® Step
- Triple Threat
- Silver Sneakers®
- Pound (Berlin)
- Plus Group exercises classes at New Britain and Berlin
YMCAs. Visit nbbymca.org for schedules.
- FREE Fitness Center Orientation to get you started
- FREE Family Swim Time - By reservation
- FREE Senior Exercise programs and Senior exercise hour
- FREE Family Events throughout the year - On hold for now
- Guest privileges at other YMCA's - On hold for now
- SAVE on programs (full members pay lower price)
- SAVE on summer camp (Full privilege members pay lower rate than program members)
- Your dollars go back into our community to help our neighbors.
- No contracts.
One membership, three YMCAs! The Meriden, New Britain and Berlin YMCAs are now part of one association which means more for our members. Members with Full Privilege Memberships can:
• Use all three YMCA locations including the 24/7 New Britain Fitness Center
• Enjoy group fitness classes at all three locations such as Bike-O-Vision in New Britain and Country Heat, PiYo and Kids Yoga in Berlin
• Register for programs held at any of the three YMCAs at the lower full member rate.
To learn more about Special Membership Offers such as the one below click here.
Financial assistance is available for qualifying individuals and families.