The Meriden YMCA Before and After School Program serves the community by providing proven, safe, quality childcare for all children in grades K through 5 enrolled in the Meriden Public Schools. The program creates a comfortable, secure environment that allows each child to develop his/her sense of self-esteem, sense of belonging, and a sense of accomplishment.
This program permits children to choose some of their daily activities. It is designed to be a comprehensive child care program based upon the fundamental factor of positive child development relative to physical, social and emotional growth. This before and after school program is for grades K-5. It is fully licensed by the State of CT. Bus transportation is provided to and from the Meriden elementary schools.
The student must have a full membership to the Meriden YMCA (either as part of a family membership or a full youth membership). A 48 hour period (2 business days) is necessary upon completion of the registration forms to allow for processing prior to start date.
- On-site before and after school care at Thomas Hooker, Israel Putnam, Ben Franklin, John Barry and Roger Sherman Elementary Schools
- Casimir Pulaski and Hanover students will attend program at Ben Franklin and Nathan Hale students will attend program at Roger Sherman. Bus transportation provided. Please note there are limited spaces at Hale, Pulaski and Hanover due to transportation.
- Homework help, arts and crafts, games, outside play, PM snack.
- Five days a week for AM and PM Care.
- AM Care is from 6:45 a.m. until school begins
- PM (After) Care (half days included) is from school dismissal until 5:30 p.m.
- The Meriden Before Care programs will open one hour later if there is a school delay, so instead of 6:45 a.m. it will be 7:45 a.m. opening. If school is closed early due to weather, the After Care program will close at 4:00 p.m.
- Save $35 (we will waive the registration fee) when you sign up 5/22-6/30/23.
- A new registration must be completed each year. Bring the completed registration packet and current physical form with immunization records to the Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street, Meriden.
- Additional medical paperwork will be required for children with health needs such as asthma, or allergies that require an epi-pen. Weekly payments are required by auto-draft to a credit/debit card or scheduled one week in advance of care.
- A YMCA membership is required for the child.
- Financial assistance is available. The first step is to apply for Care4Kids.
- If you are applying for Care4Kids and financial assistance you must register in person.
- Print the forms, complete them, bring them to the Meriden YMCA during business hours and register or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payments begin the week before school begins.
- YMCA 2023-2024 Registration Packet
- Health Assessment
- Allergy Care
- Asthma Care
- Administration of Medicine
- YMCA Before and After Care Parent Handbook
Medical Forms & Care Plans
Berlin AM/PM Care and Camp Thundermoon will use CampDoc, an electronic, web-based health record system to maximize the health and safety of our campers during the summer, and after school participants throughout the year.
- Your medical information must be submitted through CampDoc.
- Once registered in Daxko, you will receive an invite via email from CampDoc to provide your medical information.
- Medical information must be entered and completed by the week before your camper attends camp.
- Please refer to the CampDoc “how to” information link for step by step instructions.
- CampDoc Before and After School Care Parent Letter
- CampDoc User Information
- CampDoc Health Profile
- CampDoc Upload Documents
Email email@example.com with questions or call (203) 514-9755 or (860) 229-3787.
See photos from our programs:
- Please note: Masks are no longer required.
- Meriden after school programs adapt safety protocols
- Meriden YMCA Dancing and Playing After School
For questions or more information:
Please contact Stephanie Fusco, School Age Director, Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA at 203.514.9755 or email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.