The American Heart Association recommends self-monitoring for all people with high blood pressure to help their health care providers determine whether treatments are working and to identify trends and patterns that could be addressed through lifestyle.
If you or someone you love is at risk or suffering from high blood pressure and/or hypertension, the YMCA’s B.P.S.M. program might be just for you. The goals of this program are to provide you with the tools to reduce blood pressure, help you develop new skills for managing blood pressure, enable you to identify and control those triggers that raise blood pressure and the knowledge to adopt healthier eating habits.
This four-month program includes:
- A blood pressure cuff will be provided to all participants of this program who do not already have one.
- One-on-one meeting each week with one of our Healthy Heart Ambassadors during scheduled office hours.
- Full Member: $65 per person
- Program Member: $85 per person
- Non Member: $105 per person
Carrie Marquardt, Health and Wellness Director at (203) 440.1925.