COVID Policies and Information
Updated COVID Policies Effective May 19, 2021
As always the safety of our members, staff and guests is our priority.
- In general, be kind and give people their space.
- Wear your mask if you are unvaccinated.
- As cute as your face is, don’t touch it.
- Wash your hands a lot and make it last 20 seconds.
- Wipe down exercise equipment.
Child Care and School Based Programs
All individuals at child care or school based programs, regardless of vaccination status, must wear masks.
Per State of Connecticut Office of Early Childhood policy, children 3 years of age and older in child care and youth camps must continue to wear masks indoors, with exceptions provided for children including those with documented medical conditions, disability or special education needs; who are eating, sleeping or resting; are newly enrolled and working toward mask wearing; and those who have just turned 3 years old and provided up to 2 months to acclimate to mask wearing.
Other Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA facilities
If you are fully vaccinated you are not required to wear a mask. If you would like to wear a mask you are welcome to do so.
Individuals who are unvaccinated or are not fully vaccinated yet are required to wear a mask. (Except children under age 3 and with exceptions provided for children and adults with documented medical conditions, disability or special education needs.) Fully vaccinated is two weeks after second Pfizer or Moderna dose, two weeks after one Johnson & Johnson dose.
All Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA staff working with children indoors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask. Swim instructors will wear face shields.
For summer camp, masks are required when indoors in an enclosed space such as on the bus, indoor classrooms, Horse Barn, and Gymnastics Center.
Hart House residents at the New Britain YMCA are required to wear masks in the residence.
We reserve the right to make changes to our policies as needed as new information becomes available from the State of Connecticut. We will communicate any changes to you. As always the safety of our members, staff and volunteers is our priority. Thank you.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- We will continue our stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites.
- The Y will only use products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We will be using the Electrostatic Sprayer daily.
- We also ask members to please wipe down machines before and after use.
- If you use a mat, shower, etc. you must spray and wipe down after usage.
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing should also be practiced while at the YMCA.
Here are the COVID screening questions. Please review them before visiting. If your answer yes to any of these you are not permitted to enter the Y.
1. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu symptoms not assessed and cleared by your primary physician?
3. Have you knowingly been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the community?
4. Did someone in your household get a COVID-19 test (not related to regular screening or medical procedure) and is waiting for their test results?
Resources for more information:
- CDC guidance for information on two layer face masks.
- State of Connecticut COVID-19 Guidance
- City of Meriden Health Department