COVID Policies and Information
- In general, be kind and give people their space.
- Wear your mask if you are unvaccinated.
- As cute as your face is, don’t touch it.
- Wash your hands a lot and make it last 20 seconds.
- Wipe down exercise equipment.
Mask Policy for Child Care and School Based Programs
- All individuals at child care or school based programs, regardless of vaccination status, must wear masks.
- Per State of Connecticut Office of Early Childhood policy, children 3 years of age and older in child care and youth camps must continue to wear masks indoors, with exceptions provided for children including those with documented medical conditions, disability or special education needs; who are eating, sleeping or resting; are newly enrolled and working toward mask wearing; and those who have just turned 3 years old and provided up to 2 months to acclimate to mask wearing.
Mask Policy for Other Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA facilities
- If you are fully vaccinated you are not required to wear a mask. If you would like to wear a mask you are welcome to do so.
- Individuals who are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask. (Except children under age 3 and with exceptions provided for children and adults with documented medical conditions, disability or special education needs.)
- All Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA staff working with children indoors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask. Swim instructors will wear face shields.
- For summer camp, masks are required when indoors in an enclosed space such as on the bus, indoor classrooms, the horse barn, and Gymnastics Center.
- Hart House residents at the New Britain YMCA are required to wear masks in the residence.
COVID-19 Screening Policy
Please review these COVID-19 screening questions before visiting. If you answer yes to any of these questions you are not permitted to enter Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA facilities.
- Do you have a cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu symptoms not assessed and cleared by your primary physician?
- Have you knowingly been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Did you or someone in your household get a COVID-19 test (not related to regular screening or medical procedure) and are you or your household member waiting for test results?
Programs and Classes
All regularly scheduled programs and classes are running as scheduled. In the event a program must postponed due to COVID, we will make it up. Program directors will be in touch with participants as information becomes available.
Any program or fitness classes not held for holidays or due to inclement weather are not refundable nor transferable.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment. We will continue our stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites. The Y will only use products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19. We will be using the Electrostatic Sprayer daily. We also ask members to please wipe down machines before and after use. If you use a mat, shower, etc. you must spray and wipe down after usage. Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing should also be practiced while at the YMCA.
As always the safety of our members, staff and guests is our priority. We reserve the right to make changes to our policies as needed as new information becomes available from the State of Connecticut and our local health department. We will communicate any changes to you.
Resources for more information:
- CDC Guide to Masks
- CDC COVID-19 Guidance
- State of Connecticut COVID-19 Guidance
- City of Meriden Health Department