We’re pleased that you have decided to become fit and stay fit with the help of the professional staff of the Meriden YMCA. Please advise your instructor of any medical considerations you may have.
To ensure a comfortable atmosphere for everyone, please be courteous and respectful to others.
Fitness Center Policies & Rules
- 13 years of age or older to use the fitness center and the indoor track
- Graduates of the Middle School Strength Training Program (for grades 6 through 8) may use the Fitness Facility Monday - Friday from 5:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and anytime during hours of operation on Saturday and Sunday accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- No children are allowed in the Fitness Center. Children are not permitted to sit inside the Fitness Center to wait for family members.
- Proper workout attire is required such as sweats, exercise suits, t-shirts, sneakers (No street clothes, e.g., short shorts, halter tops, bathing suits, jeans, string t-shirts, sandals, flip-flops, work boots.) Everyone must wear a shirt.
- The Fitness Staff on duty reserves the right to expel any individual who is not age appropriate, behaves in a disrespectful manner towards staff and other members, refuses to pick up after themselves, uses inappropriate language and fails to comply with proper attire policy.
- Put weights back on the racks after each use
- Wipe down all machines before and after each use
- No food, drinks (other than water) or gum chewing
- Cell phone use is prohibited in all fitness and program areas and all locker rooms with the exception of listening to music in fitness areas with ear buds while you work out.
- The Fitness Staff on duty reserves the right to expel any individual who is not age appropriate, behaves in a disrespectful manner to staff or other members, refuses to pick up after themselves, uses inappropriate language, or fails to comply with the proper attire policy.
- There will be one verbal warning for misbehavior and/or improper conduct. Further occurrences can result in immediate dismissal from the YMCA Coordinator.
Aerobics Center Policies & Rules
- To ensure a comfortable atmosphere for everyone, please be courteous and respectful to others.
- Proper attire is required, e.g., sweats, exercise suits, sneakers (no black-sole shoes). Everyone must wear a shirt.
- Please help us maintain and preserve our aerobics floor in good condition by not wearing your outside sneakers in the Aerobics Room.
- No food, drinks (other than water) or gum chewing.
- Children 12 years of age and older may participate in aerobics classes accompanied by an adult.
Track Policies & Rules
- The track is available to members 14 years of age and older for exercise purposes only.
- Inside lane is for walkers; outside lane is for runners. (Track may be used at times by the Fitness Instructors as part of their group exercise class.)