- Swimming without a lifeguard present is prohibited.
- All children must take a swim test.
- All swimmers needing a swim flotation must have an adult in the pool within arms reach.
- An adult (18+) must be present on the pool deck or in the water for children ages 6-12 years old to swim.
- Lap lanes are strictly for lap swimmers ages 14 and older.
- Non-swimmers must be within arm’s reach of an adult (18+).
- Adults and children who must use the aid of a swim belt will not be allowed in the water greater than 5 feet.
- An adult may not take a child into the deep end if the child has not passed the swim test.
- Proper swimming attire must be worn at all times. Regulation bathing suits are required.
- Hair longer than your neckline must be tied back or wear a swim cap.
- Everyone must bathe with soap and water before entering the
Any persons known or suspected of having a communicable disease
shall not use the pool.
- Persons with bandages, open cuts or wounds are not permitted in the pool.
- Spitting or nose blowing in the water is prohibited.
- Pool will close at the sight or sound of thunder and/or lightning for 30
- Only coast guard approved life jackets or swim belts provided by lifeguards
are permitted as a flotation device.
- No diving is allowed anywhere without being in a lesson/program with an
- No running on the pool deck or in the locker rooms.
- No gum is allowed in the pool facility.
- No repetitive breath holding (competitive/non-competitive)
- A 1:25 lifeguard to swimmer ratio is strongly enforced. The ratio may be
lessened if the attendance of swimmers warrants it.
- The lifeguard is in charge of the pool and the safety of all swimmers.
Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›