We're pleased that you have decided to become fit and stay fit with the help of the professional staff of the Meriden YMCA. Please advise your instructor of any medical considerations you may have.
To ensure a comfortable atmosphere for everyone, please be courteous and respectful to others.
Fitness Center Policies & Rules
- Use of the Fitness Center is by reservation.
- Proper workout attire is required - sweats, exercise suits, t-shirts, sneakers (No street clothes, e.g., short shorts, halter tops, bathing suits, jeans, string t-shirts, flip-flops, work boots.) Everyone must wear a shirt.
- Put weights back on the racks after each use
- Wipe down all machines before and after each use
- No children are allowed in the Fitness Center. Children are not permitted to sit inside the Fitness Center to wait for family members.
- No food, drinks (other than water) or gum chewing
- Membership privileges will be immediately terminated for the use of steroids, drugs or alcohol.
- Membership privileges may be suspended or revoked for any behavior that jeopardizes that health and safety of YMCA members, participants, staff, facilities and/or equipment.
- The Fitness Staff on duty reserves the right to expel any individual who is not age appropriate, behaves in a disrespectful manner to staff or other members, refuses to pick up after themselves, uses inappropriate language, or fails to comply with the proper attire policy.
- There will be one verbal warning for misbehavior and/or improper conduct. Further occurrences can result in immediate dismissal from the YMCA Coordinator.
Fitness Center Hours for 14 - 15 Year Old Members:
- Monday - Thursday: 3:00 - 5:30 pm
- Friday: 3:00 - 6:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Open hours
Be prepared to show proof of age.
NOTE: If not in school, you must be 14 years of age or older to use the Fitness Center and the Indoor Track. Middle school age students (grade 6, 7, 8) who have completed the Middle School Strength Training Class may use the fitness center if accompanied by a parent or guardian (age 18+) and must show the i.d. card they receive after completion of the class.
Fitness Center Hours for Graduates of the Middle School Strength Training Program:
- Monday - Friday 5:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Open hours (with an adult)
Be prepared to show proof of age.
Anyone 14-15 years of age that cannot make it to the YMCA because of an after-school job, sport, or any other activity may inquire for a special exemption to the age requirements.
Aerobics Center Policies & Rules
- To ensure a comfortable atmosphere for everyone, please be courteous and respectful to others.
- Proper attire is required, e.g., sweats, exercise suits, sneakers (no black-sole shoes). Everyone must wear a shirt.
- Please help us maintain and preserve our aerobics floor in good condition by not wearing your outside sneakers in the Aerobics Room.
- No food, drinks (other than water) or gum chewing.
- Children 12 years of age and older may participate in aerobics classes accompanied by an adult.
Track Policies & Rules
- The track is available to members 14 years of age and older for exercise purposes only.
- Inside lane is for walkers; outside lane is for runners. (Track may be used at times by the Aerobics Instructors as part of their aerobic training class.)
Cardio Equipment Reservation
- Please reserve equipment with the fitness staff person
- 30 minute maximum time slot per machine type (e.g., treadmill at 5:30, cross trainer at 6:00, etc.)
- Reservations are every half-hour starting on the hour. (e.g., 6:00 to 6:30, 6:30 to 7:00). If a member is late for their reservation (after 10 min), they forfeit the use of that machine.
- Once your half-hour is up, wipe down machine and make it accessible to the next person. Keep in mind that you will use the clock in the Cardio Room, not your own personal watch time.
- Our system works on a first-come, first-served basis.