Summer Camp scholarships are available for those who qualify. Camperships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Separate applications are required for each child.
- A Traditional Campership is good for one session of Traditional Camp. The fee is $60.
- A Specialty Camp campership is for one session of specialty camp. The fee is $120. This may be used for Sports (not gymnastics), Theatre, STEM or Dance camp.
- There are no discounts for AM and PM Extended Care.
- Fees must be paid at time of registration.
- Camperships are not available for Fishing, Horseback Riding, Art, Cooking, or Gymnastics (any camp involving a bus off camp site).
- Additional sessions of Traditional Camp are offered at $175 per session per child for those who receive a campership. A $50 deposit and a membership is required for each additional session registration. Deposit fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- Additional sessions of specialty Camp (Sports, Theatre, STEM camps only) are offered at $225 per session per child for those who receive a campership.
How to apply:
- Please review the qualification information below. (Qualification criteria for 2023 scholarships coming soon)
- Send an email with a copy of your 2022 completed income tax form or D.S.S. budget sheet to the Meriden YMCA at email@example.com. Write “Camp Scholarship” in the subject line and include your name and phone number.
- Our camp staff will review your information and follow up with you to inform let you know if you qualify and tell you how to register.
Family size/annual gross income for 2022 scholarship:
- 2 $38,227
- 3 $46,626
- 4 $55,025
- 5 $63,424
- 6 $71,823
- 7 $80,222
- 8 $88,621
- For each additional family member add: $8,399
If your total family income is up to $8,000 higher than that shown on the chart above, but your feel your child should qualify for a campership scholarship due to special circumstances, please let us know.
We understand that financial situations have changed for many families due to the COVID-19 crisis. Some additional financial help may be available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your phone number. Be sure to put “Camp Scholarship” in the subject line. Our camp staff will follow up with you.