Before & After School (Grades K-5)
Hello Meriden Before and After Care families!
We hope you and your families are doing well. Please click on the link below for important information on the 2020-2021 program.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page for registration information.
The Meriden YMCA Before and After School Program serves the community by providing proven, safe, quality childcare for all children ages five and over enrolled in the Meriden Public Schools.The program creates a comfortable, secure environment that allows each child to develop his/her sense of self-esteem, sense of belonging, and a sense of accomplishment.
This program permits children to choose some of their daily activities. It is designed to be a comprehensive childcare program based upon the fundamental factor of positive child development relative to physical, social and emotional growth. This before and after school program is for grades K-5. It is fully licensed by the State of CT. Bus transportation is provided to and from the Meriden elementary schools.
The student must have a full membership to the Meriden YMCA (either as part of a family membership or have a full youth membership).
Proven, safe, quality supervision for children attending Meriden Public Schools
- On site before and after school care at Thomas Hooker, Israel Putnam, Ben Franklin, John Barry and Roger Sherman Elementary Schools
- Casimir Pulaski and Hanover students will attend program at Ben Franklin and Nathan Hale Students will attend program at Israel Putnam. Bus transportation provided.
- Homework help, arts and crafts, games, outside play, PM snack.
- AM Care Starts at 7:00 AM am-until school begins
- PM (After) Care (1/2 days included) Begins at school dismissal until 5:30 pm.
- Please note: The Meriden Before Care programs will opening one hour later if there is a school delay, so instead of 6:45 AM it will be 7:45 AM opening. If school is closed early due to weather, PM care will close at 4:00 PM.
- Childcare fees are payable in advance of services. Weekly payments are due Mondays and in full. Payments are scheduled a week prior to service date.
2020-2021 School Age Program Information and Registration:
- 2020-2021 Before and After School Care Frequently Asked Questions - Please read
- 2020-2021 Meriden School Age Flyer
- 2020-2021 Meriden School Age Care Parent Handbook
- 2020-2021 Meriden School Age Registration Packet
- 2020-2021 Meriden School Age Health Assessment
Registration is open. There are two ways to register this year:
- You can register online (if you registered for summer camp, it is a similar process)
- Print the forms, complete them, bring them to the Meriden YMCA during business hours and register.
See photos from our programs:Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›