Before & After School (Grades K-5)
Register by August 1, 2019 and we will waive your $30 registration fee.
The Meriden YMCA Before and After School Program serves the community by providing proven, safe, quality childcare for all children ages five and over enrolled in the Meriden Public Schools.The program creates a comfortable, secure environment that allows each child to develop his/her sense of self-esteem, sense of belonging, and a sense of accomplishment.
This program permits children to choose some of their daily activities. It is designed to be a comprehensive childcare program based upon the fundamental factor of positive child development relative to physical, social and emotional growth. This before and after school program is for grades K-5. It is fully licensed by the State of CT. Bus transportation is provided to and from the Meriden elementary schools.
The student must have a full membership to the Meriden YMCA (either as part of a family membership or have a full youth membership). There is a $30 registration fee per child at time of enrollment. We accept continuous enrollment on a space available basis.
School vacation and snow day care are available for an additional fee.
Proven, safe, quality supervision for children attending Meriden Public Schools
- On site before and after school care at Thomas Hooker, Israel Putnam, Ben Franklin, John Barry and Roger Sherman Elementary Schools
- Casimir Pulaski and Hanover students will attend program at Ben Franklin and Nathan Hale Students will attend program at Israel Putnam. Bus transportation provided.
- Homework help, arts and crafts, games, outside play, PM snack.
- The Meriden Before Care programs will opening one hour later if there is a school delay, so instead of 6:45 AM it will be 7:45 AM opening.
- If school is closed early due to weather, PM care will close at 4:00 PM.
NEW! We are now offering after school enrichment programs:
- Intro to STEM at Roger Sherman
- Intro to STEM at Thomas Hooker
- Intro to STEM at Israel Putnam
- Intro to STEM at Benjamin Franklin
- Intro to STEM at John Barry
Call (203) 235.6386 or contact Amy Fitzgerald at email@example.com to learn more about our before and after care and after school enrichment programs.
- 2019-2020 Meriden School Age Program Information and Fees
- 2019-2020 Meriden Before and After Care Registration Packet
- 2019-2020 Meriden Before and After Care Health Assessment
- 2019-2020 Meriden Before and After Care Medication and Care Plan
Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›