Before & After School (Grades K-5)
The Meriden YMCA Before and After School Program serves the community by providing proven, safe, quality childcare for all children ages five and over enrolled in the Meriden Public Schools.The program creates a comfortable, secure environment that allows each child to develop his/her sense of self-esteem, sense of belonging, and a sense of accomplishment.
This program permits children to choose some of their daily activities. It is designed to be a comprehensive childcare program based upon the fundamental factor of positive child development relative to physical, social and emotional growth. This before and after school program is for grades K-5. It is fully licensed by the State of CT. Bus transportation is provided to and from the Meriden elementary schools.
The student must have a full membership to the Meriden YMCA (either as part of a family membership or have a full youth membership). There is a $30 registration fee per child at time of enrollment. We accept continuous enrollment on a space available basis.
School vacation and snow day care are available for an additional fee.
Proven, safe, quality supervision for children attending Meriden Public Schools
- On site before and after school care at Thomas Hooker, Israel Putnam, Ben Franklin, John Barry and Roger Sherman Elementary Schools
- Casimir Pulaski and Hanover students will attend program at Ben Franklin and Nathan Hale Students will attend program at Israel Putnam. Bus transportation provided.
- Homework help, arts and crafts, games, outside play, PM snack.
- The Meriden Before Care programs will opening one hour later if there is a school delay, so instead of 6:45 AM it will be 7:45 AM opening.
- If school is closed early due to weather, PM care will close at 4:00 PM.
- 2020-2021 registration information will be posted as soon as it is available.
Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›