Support the Meriden YMCA
EMERGENCY CHILD CARE
During this crisis, our community mission is more important than ever.
The Y is providing free emergency child care for essential workers. We need your help to help cover the costs of this care for our essential workers who are caring for our community.
Your support is more critical than ever. In addition to emergency child care, we anticipate a much greater need for financial assistance this year for child care, summer camp and more.
Please help us serve our community members especially those affected during this virus outbreak. No donation is too small. Your donation is tax deductible.
TOGETHER WE CAN BUILD A BETTER US
When you join the Y, you become part of something more than a gym – although we do have a great gym. You become part of a place that is making our community stronger:
- giving infants through preschoolers the foundation they need to grow, thrive and be successful learners;
- helping grade-school students improve their reading and math skills;
- teaching adults how to live healthier and avoid diabetes and heart issues;
- guiding families to learn about nutrition and ways to exercise together to break the cycle of childhood obesity;
- offering families opportunities to play and spend quality time together;
- providing kids who never had a chance to go to camp an opportunity to experience nature, friendships, and new activities.
From safe spaces to academic achievement to family, well-being and more, when you donate to the Y, you’re giving those in need the opportunity thrive. Give for a better us.
HOW YOUR DONATIONS HELP OUR COMMUNITY
- $2500 Transforms the lives of 12 families fighting childhood obesity
- $1000 Helps 3 children enjoy the magic of summer camp
- $750 Provides 1 child a month of preschool for a brighter future
- $500 Allows 12 children to have swim lessons
- $250 Gives 6 children a youth sports experience
- $100 Subsidizes a 3 month membership for a new foster family to bond
As the area’s leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y uses our funds (membership and program dues, grants, donations) to make a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own neighborhood. Learn more about how we strengthen our community.
Ways to Give
- Donate now online through our secure web site. Click here to donate.
- Send a donation to the Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street, Meriden CT 06451 Attn: Annual Campaign.
You may make a donation in honor of or in memory of a loved one who was a strong believer and supporter of the Meriden YMCA and its mission and vision.
- Planned Giving (Heritage Club)
The Meriden YMCA established its Heritage Club to honor those friends who, by including the YMCA in their financial and estate planning, have ensured our programs and services will positively impact the lives of future generations to come. A planned gift can also bring financial benefits to the donor and their family. There are many different types of planned gifts including: a bequest where the Y receives a gift provided for in the donor’s will; life insurance policies where the Y is named as a beneficiary; tax-free gifts from retirement plans; and real estate. Our planned giving staff will be happy to meet with you and your financial advisor to design a plan that is uniquely tailored to meet your philanthropic objectives. Please see Sue Chester for more information or call her at 203-235-6386.
- Support one of our Annual Campaign Charity Events during the year such as the Martini & Massage Charity Benefit, Golf Tournament, or Surf and Turf Dinner.
Volunteer at the Y
When you volunteer at the Y, you provide leadership and talent vital to empowering people and communities to learn, grow and thrive. Contact the Meriden YMCA at 203-235-6386 to learn about volunteer opportunities that make a difference in our community.
Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›