Dates & Registration
2021 Camp Dates
- Preview Week: June 14 - 18, 2021
- Session One: June 21 - July 2, 2021
- Session Two: July 5 - July 16, 2021
- Session Three: July 19 - July 30, 2021
- Session Four: August 2 - August 13, 2021
- Session Five: August 16 - August 27, 2021
Does my child need a membership to go to camp?
- Yes, to register for Mountain Mist Day Camp, your child must have an up to date membership at the Meriden or New Britain-Berlin YMCA.
- Your child would need to be part of a family membership or have their own youth membership.
- If your child had a membership in the past and needs to reactivate and update it, call us at 203.235.6386 and we can help over the phone.
- If your child does not have a membership now, come to the Meriden YMCA to sign them up before you register for camp. For first time camp families who do not have a membership already, contact the Y about our special new camp family membership rate.
- Register online. Please scroll down and watch the tutorial on how to register.
- If you are unable to register online from your home, please contact us at 203.235.6386 to make an appointment or register for an appointment to complete your registration at the Meriden YMCA.
- Camp Scholarships - If you are applying for a Camp Scholarship, your scholarship must be approved before registering. Send a copy of your 2020 tax information to firstname.lastname@example.org first to pre-qualify and a camp staff member will follow up with you, let you know if you qualify, and explain how to register.
- Registration deadline - If you want your child to start on the first day of the camp session you are registering for, your complete registration including the medical form must be in by noon on the Friday before the session. If you register your child Friday after 12:00 p.m. - Sunday at 12:00 p.m. before a session starts, your child will start camp on Tuesday. Please note all camp payments must be made in full before the camper attends camp unless other arrangements have been made.
- Balances - Any back balances on your account must be paid before you can register for this summer.
- Camp payments - All camp payments must be made in full before the camper attends camp unless other arrangements have been made. Camp payments are auto-drafted weekly so camp is paid for by the start of camp.
- Medical forms - If you attended last year, that medical form is still valid. Medical forms are good for three years. If you are new to camp or your medical form needs to be updated, print the form, have your doctor sign it, drop off the signed form at the Y front desk or in the Y mailbox, or email it to the camp nurse at email@example.com.
- Medication - If your child needs to take medication at camp and/or has a care plan, the drop off dates are the Saturday before each session at the downtown YMCA from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- How To Register Video - Please note when the video was made it included bus transportation information. At this time, due to the current guidelines, we are unable to offer bus transportation. Parents will drop off and pick up their campers. If that changes we will communicate this to camp families. Please click on the link below to view the video.
- How to Register Online for 2021 Mountain Mist Day Camp
Medical forms and care plans
- Every camper needs a medical form signed by your provider in order to attend camp. You will need to print the form and have your medical provider complete them. Then bring the signed form to the Y or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State law prohibits a child from attending camp without the medical forms completed by a physician within 36 months prior to attending camp.
- Medical forms may be dropped off in the dropbox at the Y or at the desk or emailed to email@example.com.
- If your child needs to take medication at camp and/or has a care plan, they must be dropped off to the nurse the Saturday before the camp session starts. They may not be dropped off the day camp starts. The schedule is as follows: Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at the Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street on the following dates: June 12th, June 19th, July 3rd, July 17th, July 31st, August 14th. If you have questions for the camp nurse please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authorization to administer medicine
How much does it cost to go to Mountain Mist Day Camp?
Please see the Camp Pricing page for details about the fee per camp session, camp improvement fee, and before and after care.
Are Camp Scholarships available?
Yes. Please see our Camp Scholarships page for details.
Are free breakfast snack and lunch included again this year?
Yes! Daily breakfast snack, and lunch are included for each camper with all camp registrations. The offerings are similar to what students receive in school.
Is there a bus?
Due to the current guidelines, we are unable to offer bus service at this time.
Parents will transport campers. Drop off and pick up will be at staggered times. Your time will be communicated to you before camp begins. Please remember our Mountain Mist Outdoor Center and Day Camp is located in a residential area with a posted speed limit of 25 miles per hour. Please observe the speed limit for everyone’s safety.
2021 Camp Registration Forms
- Care4Kids 2021 Summer Parent-Provider Agreement
- 2021 Registration Form
- 2021 Medical Form - You can drop off Medical Form with registration - Campers cannot attend camp if we have not received properly completed and signed forms per State of Connecticut requirements.
- The Authorization to Administer Medication form and any medicine your camper needs during the camp day must be delivered to the camp nurse prior to camp. If your child needs to take medication at camp and/or has a care plan, they must be dropped off to the nurse the Saturday before the camp session starts. They may not be dropped off the day camp starts. The schedule is as follows: Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at the Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street on the following dates: June 12th, June 19th, July 3rd, July 17th, July 31st, August 14th. If you have questions for the camp nurse please send an email to email@example.com Medical Forms and Care Plans
- 2021 Authorization to Administer Medicine