Dates & Registration
2020 Camp Dates and Themes
- Session One: June 22 — July 3, 2020
Theme: Back In Time
Registration deadline: June 16th at 11:00 PM
- Session Two: July 6 — July 17, 2020
Theme: Cirque de Mountain Mist
Registration deadline: June 30 at 11:00 PM
- Session Three: July 20 - July 31, 2020
Theme: Happy Holidays & Superheroes
Registration deadline: July 14 at 11:00 PM
- Session Four: August 3 — August 14, 2020
Theme: Sports Spectacular
Registration deadline: July 28 at 11:00 PM
- Session Five: August 17 - August 28, 2020
Theme: Movin’ and Groovin’
Registration deadline: August 11 at 11:00 PM
How do I register?
- This year we have two options, register online or by paper.
- If you are applying for a Campership Scholarship, do not register online. Contact email@example.com and a camp staff members will follow up with you.
- If you register on a Saturday or Sunday before a session start your child can start on Tuesday.
- If you register online, the only paper you need to print are the medical form, authorization to administer medicine (if needed), and care plans (if needed).
- If you prefer to register using the paper registration form, you can print them out, complete them, and drop them off in the drop box outside the Y.
- Instructions are coming soon about when and how medical forms, authorization to administer medicine, care plans, and medicine can be brought by parents/guardians to the Y.
- Please watch the tutorial below which explains how to register online. (Please note the Camp Sign program referenced in the tutorial ended June 1st.)
Where do I find medical forms and how do I get them to the Y?
- You will need to print the medical form (and authorization to administer medicine if your child needs it) and have your medical provider complete them.
- State law prohibits a child from attending camp without the medical forms completed by a physician within 36 months prior to attending camp.
- Medical forms may be dropped off with your camp paperwork in the dropbox at the Y or at the desk when we reopen.
All completed authorization to administer medicine, medicine and care plans must be dropped off to the nurse before camp starts. These forms and medicine cannot be dropped off on the first day of camp.
The last medicine drop off times for Session Two are:
- Thursday July 2, 6:00 - 8:00 PM at the downtown Y parking lot
- Friday July 3, 7:30 - 8:30 AM at Mountain Mist
- Saturday July 4, 8:00 -10:00 AM at the downtown Y parking lot
Where do I find the care plan forms?
- If your child needs a care plan, you will find the forms below. We will provide instructions soon on how to get these forms and medicine to the Y.
Does my child need a membership to go to camp?
- Yes, to register for Mountain Mist Day Camp, your child must have an up to date membership at the Meriden or New Britain-Berlin YMCA.
- Your child would need to be part of a family membership or have their own youth membership.
- If your child does not have a membership or their membership needs to be updated, please call the Y at 203.235.6386 and we can help you with that before you register online for camp.
When do I need to register my child by and when is payment needed?
- All registrations must be submitted by 11:00 PM on the Tuesday before the camp session you want your camper to attend.
- Any back balances must be paid before you can register for this summer.
- All camp payments must be made in full before the camper attends camp unless other arrangements have been made.
- Camp payments are auto-drafted weekly so camp is paid for by the start of camp.
How much does camp cost?
- Please see the Camp Pricing page for details about the fee per camp session, camp improvement fee, and before and after care.
Are camp scholarships available?
- Yes. Please see our Camp Scholarships page for details.
Are free breakfast snack and lunch included again this year?
- Yes! Daily breakfast snack, and lunch are included for each camper with all camp registrations.
Is there a bus this year?
This year is parent/guardian drop off and pick up only, no bus service. Drop off and pick up will be at staggered times. Your time will be communicated to you before camp begins. Please remember our Mountain Mist Outdoor Center and Day Camp is located in a residential area with a posted speed limit of 25 miles per hour. Please observe the speed limit for everyone’s safety.
2020 Camp Registration Forms
Registration will be online starting May 11th. If you need to register using the paper registration form, there is a drop box outside the Y to put your registrations in.
- 2020 Camp FAQs - Please read
- 2020 Camp Policies and Procedures - Please read. Please note: The State of CT Office of Early Childhood has updated group sizes from 10 to 14 per group.
- 2020 Camp Registration Packet- print only if you are registering by paper
- Care4Kids 2020 Summer Parent-Provider Agreement
- 2020 Medical Forms and Care Plans
- 2020 Medical Form - You can drop off Medical (Physical) Form with registration - Campers cannot attend camp if we have not received properly completed and signed forms per State of Connecticut requirements.
- The Authorization to Administer Medication form and any medicine your camper needs during the camp day must be delivered to the camp nurse prior to camp. Please contact the camp nurse to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2020 Authorization to Administer Medicine