Red Cross Certification Courses
AMERICAN RED CROSS BABYSITTING CLASS
Learn leadership skills, how to diaper and feed infants, how to handle choking emergencies, rescue breathing, basic first aid and lots more. Bring a pen, note book and a bag lunch. Includes Babysitter’s Training Handbook, DVD & Emergency Reference Guide. (For ages 11 - 15 years old.) Choose from the following options to complete your class.
- Date: September 26, 2020
- Time: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Meriden YMCA
- Maximum of 10 participants to safely social distance
- Fee: Full Member $39, Program or Non-Member $69
- Register online or call 203-235-6386
For more information contact Carrie Marquardt at 203-235-6386 ext. 18 or send an email to email@example.com
Click here to read more about the babysitting course.
Provides entry-level participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. All participants must pass the pre-test to participate in the course.
- Blended learning lifeguard classes - 9.5 online classroom work and 19.5 hours in person training.
- Minimum age 15 years old
- Swim 300 yards (12 laps) continuously on front
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object, return to surface and swim 20 yards on back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or ladder.
- Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for two years.
- October class: October 3rd and 4th 8:00 AM - 5:45 PM
- November class: November 7th and 8th 8:00 AM - 5:45 PM
- Fee: $350
- Location: Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street, Meriden
- Contact: 203.235.6386
- For registration information contact Cathy Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFEGUARD RE-CERTIFICATION COURSE
This abbreviated lifeguarding course briefly reviews course information and allows practice of skills and knowledge before testing. Current certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED is required to participate. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certification for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for two years. Choose your day from the dates below.
- Choose your date - October 11th, November 15th
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Fee: $175
- For registration information contact the Meriden YMCA at 203.235.6386
CPR AND FIRST AID CERTIFICATION OR RE-CERTIFICATION
Adult Pediatric CPR First Aid and AED Certification
- Date: September 17th
- Fee: $99
- Contact: Cathy Lewis at (203) 440-1870 or email@example.com.
For CPR and First Aid classes for your workplace please contact us at 203.235.6386 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›