Red Cross Certification Courses
Provides entry-level participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
- Minimum age 15 years old
- Swim 300 yards (12 laps) continuously on front
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object, return to surface and swim 20 yards on back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or ladder.
Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for two years.
Choose one of these session options:
- Session 1:
- February 9th 6:00 PM-9:00 PM and February 10,11, 17 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Session 2:
- March 9, 2018 6:00 PM-9:00 PM and March 10, 11, 17 8:00 AM -5:00 PM
- Session 3:
- April 13, 2018 6:00 PM-9:00 PM and April 14, 15, 21 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Session 4:
- May 11, 2018 6:00 PM-9:00 PM and May 12, 13, 19 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Session 5:
- June 8, 2018 6:00 PM-9:00 PM and June 9, 10, 16 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Fee: $350
- Location: Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street, Meriden
- Contact: Megan Stegner at 203.235.6386 x12 or email@example.com
- *PRE-TEST: All PARTICIPANTS MUST PASS TO PARTICIPATE IN COURSE.
CPR AND FIRST AID CERTIFICATION OR RE-CERTIFICATION
For CPR and First Aid classes for yourself or your workplace please contact Megan Stegner at 203 235 6386 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AMERICAN RED CROSS BABYSITTING CLASS
Learn leadership skills, how to diaper and feed infants, how to handle choking emergencies, rescue breathing, basic first aid and lots more. Bring a pen, note book and a bag lunch. Includes Babysitter’s Training Handbook, DVD & Emergency Reference Guide. (For ages 11 - 15 years old.)
Choose from the following options to complete your class.
1. March 24, 2018 • 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
New Britain YMCA, 50 High Street, New Britain
2. May 5, 2018 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Berlin YMCA Program Center, 362 Main Street
3. June 9, 2018 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street
Full Member Fee: $39
Program or Non Member Fee: $69
For more information contact Carrie Marquardt at 203-235-6386 ext. 18 or send an email to email@example.com
Click here to read more about the babysitting course.
Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›