Red Cross Certification Courses
AMERICAN RED CROSS BABYSITTING CLASS
Learn leadership skills, how to diaper and feed infants, how to handle choking emergencies, rescue breathing, basic first aid and lots more. Bring a pen, note book and a bag lunch. Includes Babysitter’s Training Handbook, DVD & Emergency Reference Guide. (For ages 11 - 15 years old.) Choose from the following options to complete your class.
- May 18, 2019 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street
- June 22, 2019 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
New Britain YMCA, 50 High Street
Fee: Full Member $39 Program or Non Member $69
For more information contact Carrie Marquardt at 203-235-6386 ext. 18 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to read more about the babysitting course.
Provides entry-level participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. All participants must pass the pre-test to participate in the course.
- Minimum age 15 years old
- Swim 300 yards (12 laps) continuously on front
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object, return to surface and swim 20 yards on back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or ladder.
- Participants who successfully complete the Lifeguarding course receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, valid for two years.
- Spring Dates: May 10, 11, 12, 18
- Summer Dates: June 7, 8, 9, 15
- Times: Friday 6 PM – 9:00 PM, Saturday & Sunday 8 AM - 5 PM
- Fee: $350
- Location: Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street, Meriden
- Contact: 203.235.6386
LIFEGUARD RE-CERTIFICATION COURSE:
- Sunday May 19th 9 AM - 7 pm
- Sunday June 16th 9 AM - 7 pm
- Fee: $175
CPR AND FIRST AID CERTIFICATION OR RE-CERTIFICATION
For CPR and First Aid classes for yourself or your workplace please contact us at 203 235 6386.
Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›