Message from the CEO
This year the Meriden YMCA is celebrating our 150th Anniversary of changing lives every day in our community. Everything we do is in service of our community mission to create healthier lives and brighter futures for Meriden’s children and families. As we celebrate the past, work even harder on our community work in the present, and plan for the future, we hope you will join us in continuing to change lives every day.
- More than 1,000 children learned to be safe and confident in the water last year. In our swim lessons, we not only teach kids to swim, we also build confidence.
- We nurture the development of 850 children in our programs for infants through school age children. The Y is more than a child care provider. We prepare your children for life.
- Biggest Winner Challenge participants lost over 1900 pounds to date and 150 children and families broke the cycle of childhood obesity through our free PACE program. The Y is more than a place to work out. We transform the health of our community.
- Our Friday night at the Y program serves up to 150 middle school students each week. The Y is more than a place to hang out. We provide a safe place for kids to be themselves.
- Last year 45% of our campers received financial assistance. Mountain Mist Day Camp is more than fun in the sun. We help kids discover who they want to be, and develop life skills - responsibility, self-reliance and how to work together with people from different backgrounds.
- More than 1,120 holiday meals were served and delivered during Thanksgiving and Christmas to help our neighbors in need.
- The Y is so much more than a gym. It is a place where our community's families gather for family time at our free monthly events such as Bounce Into the New Year, Dr. Seuss Night, Healthy Kids Day, Luau Night T the Pool and Family Fun Day at Mountain Mist.
Together we can change more lives. Please act today and give, join, and volunteer.
Join us to make a better Meriden.
John Benigni, CEO
CT Alliance of YMCAs
The Meriden YMCA belongs to CT Alliance of YMCAs. We work together to strengthen our communities.
At the Y, strengthening the community is our cause. The Y is the nation's leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The CT Alliance of YMCAs is comprised of 23 YMCAs, each volunteer lead, and a powerful advocate of the needs of the children, families and individuals in communities throughout Connecticut.
As a charity, the YMCAs across Connecticut exist to strengthen their communities and every day we work with thousands of men, women and children to ensure everyone, regardless of age, income or background - has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Learn more at CTYAlliance.orgContact the Meriden YMCA Today ›