Starting Monday July 27th we will be offering Family Swim from 10:45-11:30 AM, and 11:45 AM-12:30 PM Monday – Friday at the Meriden YMCA indoor pool.
How it will work:
- One family can reserve the time slot. All swimmers must be on the same family membership and living in same household, with a maximum of 6 family members.
- An adult (parent/guardian) must go in the pool with the children. No drop offs.
- A two lane area will be opened for the family. There will be a closed lane between the family swim area and lap swimmers.
- Family swim time is by reservation only. Families can make reservations one day in advance by calling the Y during our regular business hours at 203.235.6386. Reservations are on a first come first served basis.
- Family swim reservations must be made by 8:00 AM the day of the family swim time. If we do not have any families who have made a reservation by 8:00 AM, we will open those lanes for lap swimmers during those times.
- Swimmers must shower before coming to the Y. Showers are not available during the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCAs Phase One reopening.
- We encourage swimmers to come dressed in their bathing suit to maximize their exercise time during their reserved time slot. The family locker room will be the only locker room open during this phase, for bathrooms and changing quickly. No showers. Our bathrooms will also be open.
- Entrance to the pool is through the Family Locker room. Exit is from the pool deck door near the lobby.
- PPE masks must be worn on the pool deck until you are ready to enter the water. Once out of the water masks must be worn until you are out of the building.
- Pool Rules.
- Please visit our Schedules Page for our Check In Procedures and all of our Reopening Information.