Updated COVID Policies Effective May 19, 2021
As always the safety of our members, staff and guests is our priority.
- In general, be kind and give people their space.
- Wear your mask if you are unvaccinated.
- As cute as your face is, don’t touch it.
- Wash your hands a lot and make it last 20 seconds.
- Wipe down exercise equipment.
- Members, staff, and guests ages 12 and older will not be required to wear a mask in our building if they have been fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. Fully vaccinated is two weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after the one shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- We will be following Governor Lamont’s advice and will utilize the honor system.
- If you are vaccinated and are more comfortable continuing to wear the mask you are welcome to do so.
- Hart House residents at the New Britain YMCA are required to wear masks in the residence.
- Masks are required for those who are unvaccinated, for those in child care and school based programs, and for any Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA staff person working with children.
- Swim instructors will continue to wear face shields while teaching.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- We will continue our stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites.
- The Y will only use products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We will be using the Electrostatic Sprayer daily.
- We also ask members to please wipe down machines before and after use.
- If you use a mat, shower, etc. you must spray and wipe down after usage.
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing should also be practiced while at the YMCA.
Reservations are required for the pool and should be made in advance by registering online or calling the front desk at the New Britain YMCA 860-229-3787 or the Meriden YMCA at 203.235.6386. The link for online reservations is as follows: https://operations.daxko.com/Online/5199/Visit/ScheduleVisitBranchInfo.mvc
Note: All policies are subject to change and are reviewed on a regular basis with the guidance from local health departments, State of CT DPH and YMCA COVID-19 reopening committee.