Israel Putnam Summer Reading & Beyond the Bell
We are excited to welcome students from the 2021 Israel Putnam Elementary Reading Program and the Beyond the Bell Program to Mountain Mist Day Camp. Please see the information below for answers to frequently asked camp questions.
How will my child get to camp?
Your child will take a bus from the school to Mountain Mist Day Camp
How will my child get home?
- If you signed up for the bus at 5:00 p.m. the bus will leave camp and bring your child to the bus stop you chose when you registered.
- Updated PM Bus Schedule July 7, 2021
- If you did not sign up for the bus and chose parent pick up, you will need to go to Mountain Mist Day Camp at 576 High Hill Road in Meriden, CT 06450 and pick up your child at 5:00 p.m. each day.
What are the dates and times of the program?
- The camp program runs Monday - Friday 12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Beyond the Bell June 14 - July 2, 2021
- Elementary Summer Reading June 14 - July 23rd
What should my camper bring to camp?
- Campers are required to wear masks in enclosed spaces, such as the bus, locker room, nurse's office.
- Campers should bring a backpack packed with a peanut and tree nut free lunch with an ice pack that stays in their back pack until lunch time if they do not want to receive the free lunch that is provided to all campers. (Nothing that needs to be refrigerated or heated up.)
- Bring your bathing suit and a towel
- Sunscreen (no spray)
- Reusable water bottle.
- All campers must wear sneakers. No other footwear is allowed for safety reasons. If campers arrive with other footwear we will call you to bring sneakers to them.
What should my camper leave at home?
- Do not bring any electronics, toys or valuables to camp. The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If a camper must bring a cell phone it must stay in their backpack and switched off during the camp day. If you need to communicate with your camper call the main camp number at 203-237-7864.
What's for lunch?
Campers will be offered a free breakfast snack and lunch. If your camper prefers to bring lunch to camp they can bring a peanut and tree nut free lunch. We recommend you pack the lunch with an ice pack as it will stay in their back pack until lunch time. Click the link below for the menu.
What happens on rainy days?
- At Mountain Mist we call rain liquid sunshine! We do everything we can to have fun on a rainy day!
What's the best way to receive camp updates?
- Sign up for the Text Remind Service. Text the following code for your program to 81010: Beyond the Bell @Kgacbg, Elementary Reading Program@8bf8e8
- Make sure we have your correct email address. If you did not provide one at registration then please email email@example.com and ask to be added to our email list.
How do I contact the camp staff?
- If you need to reach the camp office please call 203.237.7864.
- Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org