Do you have a wedding in your future or just want a fun way to exercise? Bring your dancing shoes and enthusiasm and have fun learning the basics of ballroom dancing. Waltz, Rumba or Fox Trot. Progress at your own level. For couples ages 18 and up.
- Fall: November 7 - December 19, 2017
- Winter: January 2 - February 13, 2018
- Spring I: March 6 - April 16, 2018
- When: Tuesdays, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Fee: YMCA Full Members $55 Single $95 Couple
Program or Non Members $75 Single $120 Couple
- Where: Meriden YMCA Dance Academy at the Meriden YMCA Art Center, 14-16 West Main Street
- Register: At the Meriden YMCA, 110 West Main Street
- Instructors: Al and Sandy Lewis
Sandy began dancing at the age of 7. She studied tap, ballet, pointe and jazz. At the age of 12 she was an assistant instructor and at 17 was promoted to associate teacher and manager and choreographer for the dance studio's branch. She studied in New York during the summer at
classes sponsored by Dance Educators of America. She auditioned and was accepted to the Connecticut Ballet Society when it was first being formed in West Haven.
Al and Sandy's first formal training as a couple began with an offer of free dance lessons with a nationally known dance studio. They have taken lessons from many ballroom instructors throughout Connecticut and finally with Don and Jerrine Dietle of Wallingford. They were assistant instructors with Jerri until her retirement at which time they assumed her duties as lead dance teachers. They teach most forms of ballroom dance including Waltz, Rumba, Fox Trot, Cha Cha Cha, Tango, Samba and Swing Dance for both beginner and intermediate students.