Here are some important tips on how to take care of your health and wellness during this summer heat wave.
- First, be careful not to get dehydrated. Follow these simple tips on staying hydrated.
- Add water rich foods to your diet to increase your hydration. Check out these 19 Water Rich Foods.
- Love to run or walk outdoors? Stay hydrated, exercise when it is cooler in the early morning or later in the day, and rest in the shade.
- Wear lightweight, light colored moisture wicking clothing.
- Bring your workout indoors to the YMCA! Run or walk on the treadmill, lift some weights or try a new machine or class to switch up your routine!
- Hot summer days are perfect for using the YMCA indoor and outdoor pools! Swim laps or just enjoy the cool of the pool.
- Call us for more information about schedules and summer memberships at 203.235.6386.