Thank you for your support of the Y and your patience during the Coronavirus outbreak. We hope you and your family are healthy and safe.
Mountain Mist Day Camp starts June 22nd
- Visit our Mountain Mist Day Camp page for all of the details.
- If you have questions after reading all of the information, call us at 203.235.6386. Someone will be available by phone Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- All registrations for Session One must be in by 11:00 PM on June 16th. No late registrations will be accepted.
- Drop off of medical forms and medicine will be Saturday June 6th at the Meriden YMCA parking lot. Nurse Rene will be there 8 - 10 AM and 6 - 8 PM.
- For any other camp questions contact Carolyn Daniels at email@example.com.
The Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street is reopening June 20th
- Please read this May 30 Update to Members.
- More details about our reopening plan will be sent to members before June 20th.
- If you have questions that are not covered in the info below, call us at 203.235.6386. Someone will be available by phone Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM.
- If you call at another time, listen to the menu and leave a message. Someone will get back to you within 48 hours.
- You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check our web site and social media channels for future updates.
- We are sending updates to members via email and some automated calls. If you have not received an update from us please send your contact information in an email to Phylis so she can update your information in our database.
Virtual Home Workouts
While we are closed, please consider using these resources to continue your wellness journey.
All members may visit the brand new Y360 YouTube account for several at-home workouts. This is a partnership among YMCAs across the country to provide a needed service at the time. We also have classes from your favorite instructors!
In addition to these virtual workouts, check out our Stay Healthy at Home blog for daily posts with a workout the day, fitness challenges, tasty recipes of the day and more.
- Check our Virtual Home Workouts for live classes and more from your favorite instructors plus classes on Y360 from YMCAs around the country
- Enjoy Tips for Healthy Living from the Meriden YMCA
Activities for Kids and Families
- Basketball Skills and Drills
- Fun Educational Activities for Home
- Gymnastics Fun!
- Cooking with the Y
- We are hosting virtual game nights for our theater, swim team, gymnastics team and camp programs and we are looking to roll these out to more programs!
- Free Virtual Art and Dance classes starting the week of April 27th
- Free Virtual STEM classes starting the week of April 27th
- Now more than ever we need your support. We are hopeful that you will be patient during this unprecedented time and continue to support the Y. Our YMCA has helped keep our community healthy and we ask that you please keep your membership active so we can keep our community healthy during these challenges.
- May 30 Update to Members
- Please read the April 24 Membership Update. There is an important My Y Membership link in the update we need you to respond to, and please include your phone number and email in your response. Thank you.
- Please read the March 17 Membership update. There is an important My Y Membership link in the update we need you to respond to, and please include your phone number and email in your response. Thank you.
- If after reading the Membership Update above you still have questions, please contact email@example.com. Phylis will get back to you within 48 hours.
- For any any other questions contact Joan Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Y family,
We miss you at the Y and hope you are doing well. To help you stay well at home, we'll be sending emails Monday through Friday with workouts of the day and health tips to help you through this challenging time. If you are not currently receiving the email with the exercise class links and wellness tips, please click on the link below to sign up for our newsletter.
We hope to see you soon!
Membership and Marketing Director
Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
- Programs that were interrupted due to the COVID-19 closure are postponed. We plan to run them when we reopen and make up classes. Program directors will contact participants as updates become available.
- For Youth Sports Contact Justin Ferreira at email@example.com
- For Swim Lessons and Swim Team questions contact Cathy Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Arts and STEM programs, contact Carolyn Daniels at email@example.com.
Emergency Child Care
The Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA is offering free emergency child care for essential workers. Please click the link below for details.
Infant, Toddler and Preschool Care
- June 2 - We are reopening programs on a systematic basis. Families who were enrolled before the closure are being contacted via email and phone to assess child care needs as we plan for our reopening.
- Our child care centers are temporarily closed based on CDC, White House and State government guidelines. Some emergency child care is available. Please read the March 25 update below for details.
- Please read the March 25 Infant, Toddler and Preschool Update
- Please read the March 17 Infant, Toddler and Preschool Update.
- Contact Tina Valentin with additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before and After School Care
- June 2 - We are waiting for updates from the governor and school district.
- Please read our March 25 Before and After School Care Update
- Please read March 17 Meriden Before and After School Care Update
- After reading the update if you have any additional questions, please contact Amy Fitzgerald at email@example.com.
YMCA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- May 30 Update and Reopening Announcement
- Head Start Newsletters
- May 15 Newsletter
- April 24 Membership Update
- April 20 Free Emergency Child Care for Essential Workers
- April 9 Easter, Free Emergency Child Care and more
- April 2 Head Start Food Survey
- April 1 Update from the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
- March 31 Head Start Food Survey
- March 28 Mountain Mist Day Camp Spirit Week
- March 27 Head Start Food Survey
- March 25 Update for Infant, Toddler and Preschool Options Including Emergency Care
- March 25 Update for Before and After School Care Families Including Emergency Care
- March 17 Update for Meriden YMCA Infant, Toddler and Preschool Families
- March 17 Update for Meriden Before and After School Families
- March 17 Membership Update
- March 16 Update - Temporary Closure
- March 13 Update
- March 12 Update
Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›