Thank you for your support of the Y and your patience during the Coronavirus outbreak. We hope you and your family are healthy and safe.
Mountain Mist Day Camp
- We opened June 22nd and we're having the best summer ever!
- Visit our Mountain Mist Day Camp page for all of the details.
- If you have questions after reading all of the information, call us at 203.235.6386. Someone will be available by phone Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Important information for camp parents registered for Session One: Medical forms, authorization to administer medicine, medicine, and care plans must be dropped off before camp begins. If you have not dropped it off yet, the last drop off time for Session One is Saturday June 20th from 1 - 2 PM at Mountain Mist Day Camp. Bring completed paperwork. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- For any other camp questions call 203.235.6386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street reopened June 20th
- We are excited to welcome our members back! Please click here for Reopening Information.
- Please read this May 30 Update to Members.
- Check our web site and social media channels for future updates.
- We have been sending updates to members via email and some automated calls. If you have not received an update from us please send your contact information in an email to our Welcome Center so we can update your information in our system.
Virtual Home Workouts
- We hope you have enjoyed our home workout options and daily wellness posts to help keep you healthy at home.
- When we reopen, members will have access to our library of virtual workouts.
- Personal Training will be available in person at the Y by appointment, or virtually by appointment. Please see our Personal Training page for more information.
- Our daily Healthy at Home series will end this Friday June 19th.
Starting July 20th, we'll have a senior only workout hour for those who would feel more comfortable coming at that time. Senior Hour will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1:30 - 2:30 PM. We will also offer a Silver Sneakers class from 1:30-2:15 on those days. Of course our senior members are welcome to come during other times of the day as well. Please call ahead to reserve your workout time at 203.235.6386.
- Now more than ever we need your support. We are hopeful that you will be patient during this unprecedented time and continue to support the Y. Our YMCA has helped keep our community healthy and we ask that you please keep your membership active so we can keep our community healthy during these challenges.
- Please read these updates:
- May 30 Update to Members
- Please read the April 24 Membership Update. There is an important My Y Membership link in the update we need you to respond to, and please include your phone number and email in your response. Thank you.
- Please read the March 17 Membership update. There is an important My Y Membership link in the update we need you to respond to, and please include your phone number and email in your response. Thank you.
- If after reading the Membership Update above you still have questions, please contact our Welcome Center.
Activities for Kids and Families
While you have been home, we hope you have enjoyed these free activities. More information is coming soon about our regular programs, starting with Gymnastics and Swim Lessons.
- Basketball Skills and Drills
- Fun Educational Activities for Home
- Gymnastics Fun!
- Cooking with the Y
- We are hosting virtual game nights for our theater, swim team, gymnastics team and camp programs and we are looking to roll these out to more programs!
- Free Virtual Art and Dance classes
- Free Virtual STEM classes
- Programs that were interrupted due to the COVID-19 closure are postponed. We plan to run them when we reopen and make up classes. Program directors will contact participants as updates become available.
- For Youth Sports Contact Justin Ferreira at email@example.com
- For Gymnastics contact Tony Cortright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Swim Lessons, Swim Team, and Lifeguard Class questions contact Cathy Lewis at email@example.com
- For Arts and STEM programs, contact Carolyn Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For CrossFit Kids and Karate contact Carrie Marquardt at email@example.com.
Emergency Child Care
Programs are beginning to phase out of project 26 and emergency care, coordinators will be in contact with families that were previously enrolled prior to the COVID19 closure as centers begin to reopen. At this time we continue to follow the direction of the OEC, CDC, and WHO regarding children in group care. Programs will systematically reopen with enhanced cleaning procedures, smaller group sizes as required by OEC and in some cases shortened or revised schedules.
Infant, Toddler and Preschool Care
- June 2 - We are reopening programs on a systematic basis. Families who were enrolled before the closure are being contacted via email and phone to assess child care needs as we plan for our reopening.
- Our child care centers are temporarily closed based on CDC, White House and State government guidelines. Some emergency child care is available. Please read the March 25 update below for details.
- Please read the March 25 Infant, Toddler and Preschool Update
- Please read the March 17 Infant, Toddler and Preschool Update.
- Contact Tina Valentin with additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before and After School Care
- June 2 - We are waiting for updates from the governor and school district.
- Please read our March 25 Before and After School Care Update
- Please read March 17 Meriden Before and After School Care Update
- After reading the update if you have any additional questions, please contact Amy Fitzgerald at email@example.com.
YMCA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- May 30 Update and Reopening Announcement
- Head Start Newsletters
- May 15 Newsletter
- April 24 Membership Update
- April 20 Free Emergency Child Care for Essential Workers
- April 9 Easter, Free Emergency Child Care and more
- April 2 Head Start Food Survey
- April 1 Update from the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA
- March 31 Head Start Food Survey
- March 28 Mountain Mist Day Camp Spirit Week
- March 27 Head Start Food Survey
- March 25 Update for Infant, Toddler and Preschool Options Including Emergency Care
- March 25 Update for Before and After School Care Families Including Emergency Care
- March 17 Update for Meriden YMCA Infant, Toddler and Preschool Families
- March 17 Update for Meriden Before and After School Families
- March 17 Membership Update
- March 16 Update - Temporary Closure
- March 13 Update
- March 12 Update
Contact the Meriden YMCA Today ›