When you join the Y, you’re committing to more than simply becoming healthier. You are supporting the values and programs that strengthen your community. At the Y, children learn what they can achieve, families spend quality time together, and we all build relationships that deepen our sense of belonging. For more than a workout. For a better us.
Birth to Grade 8
Can participate in open swim, open gym, age appropriate programs and receive reduced program rates.
High School Student
Can participate in open swim, open gym, aerobics classes, fitness center, age appropriate programs, use the racquetball courts, and receive reduced program rates.
Can use all facilities. Please show College ID and current registration info when registering. Must be a full time college student, 12 credit hours undergraduate/9 credit hours graduate.
62 years and older
Can use all facilities.
62 years and older
Any two seniors, residing in the same household and any dependents. Proof of dependency is required. Can use all facilities.
18 years and older
Can use all facilities.
Two adult persons living at the same residence and their dependent children through age 18 and full time college students through age 23. Proof of dual residence is required. Proof of dependency is required. Same rules apply as above applicable memberships.
Single Parent Household*
One adult person and their dependent children through age 18 and full time college students through age 23. Proof of dependency is required.
Limited to participation in any program.
Youth Program Member:
Adult Program Member:
See Military Outreach Initiative. Free for those eligible for the Military OneSource program (1-800-342-9647). Reduced for those not eligible for that program. Contact Military Membership.
2 Memberships in One
Membership to the Meriden YMCA plus our Mountain Mist Outdoor Center is included with full Adult, Senior Adult, Single Parent Household, Household, and Senior Household memberships.
YMCA Away Program
Use any YMCA in the state and nationwide (subject to their guest policies.)
- Joiner's Fee:
* There will be no Joining Fee for paid-in-full 1 year full memberships.
* A $36 Joiner's Fee applies to all of the above mentioned membership categories.
** A one time $16 draft fee applies to youth and student memberships that are drafted monthly.
- Joiner's fees are used for equipment purchases and capital improvements.
- Memberships are drafted monthly out of a bank or credit card account unless otherwise noted. Annual Memberships and Program Memberships may be paid by cash, check or credit card.
- Program fees can be paid with cash, check, MasterCard of VISA. Memberships can be paid bi-monthly bank draft, or in full with cash, check, MasterCard, VISA or American Express.
- Financial assistance is available for qualifying individuals and families. Applications are available at our Front Desk.
Membership cards must be scanned at the front desk when entering the YMCA. Replacement cards are $8.00.
Guest Pass Policy
- June 20, 2020 update: No guests are allowed at this time.
- Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street: Day passes will be sold to children and adults accompanied by an active Meriden YMCA member. Each Meriden YMCA member may bring one guest. Guests must show a photo i.d., read our guest policy, and sign our guest book. Our rates are $10 for children under the age of 16 and $20 for children 16 years or older. Active members are welcome to use our facility. For children under the age of 14, members and non-members will not be allowed in the Meriden YMCA without a parent or a responsible adult member over the age of 18.
- Meriden YMCA Mountain Mist Outdoor Center: Click here
Military Outreach Initiative
The Meriden YMCA participates in the National YMCA's Military Outreach Initiative. Active duty military families (Title 10) can receive a free membership from Military OneSource (subject to their eligibility criteria). To find out if your family is eligible call 1-800-342-9647 or visit www.militaryonesource.com.
For those eligible families, the soldier receives a 3 free month membership prior to deployment, 3 free months when he/she returns, and the family (spouse and children) receive a free membership while the soldier is deployed. The family memberships are in 6 month increments and can be renewed based on attendance of a minimum of 8 times per month.
For those military families who don't qualify for membership under the MilitaryOneSource program and veterans we offer the following discounted membership rates on new memberships:
- $41 per month for a family membership
- $21 per month for an adult membership.