When you join the Y, you’re committing to more than simply becoming healthier. You are supporting the values and programs that strengthen your community. At the Y, children learn what they can achieve, families spend quality time together, and we all build relationships that deepen our sense of belonging. For more than a workout. For a better us.
At the Y you have two options for membership, a program membership or a full facility membership. A program membership is a basic membership so that you can register for classes. A full facility membership gives you access to the facilities and you save when you register for programs and summer camp with special lower rates for full members.
Birth to Grade 8
Can participate in open swim, open gym, age appropriate programs and receive reduced program rates.
High School Student
Can participate in open swim, open gym, aerobics classes, fitness center, age appropriate programs, use the racquetball courts, and receive reduced program rates.
Can use all facilities. Please show College ID and current registration info when registering. Must be a full time college student, 12 credit hours undergraduate/9 credit hours graduate.
62 years and older
Can use all facilities.
Check with your health insurance plan to see if they offer Silver Sneakers®, Silver and Fit or Renew Active. Your membership cost may be covered by your plan. Our Y participates in all of these programs.
62 years and older
Any two seniors, residing in the same household and any dependents. Proof of dependency is required. Can use all facilities.
18 years and older
Can use all facilities.
Two adult persons living at the same residence and their dependent children through age 18 and full time college students through age 23. Proof of dual residence is required. Proof of dependency is required. Same rules apply as above applicable memberships.
Single Parent Household*
One adult person and their dependent children through age 18 and full time college students through age 23. Proof of dependency is required.
Limited to participation in any program.
Youth Program Member:
Adult Program Member:
Free for those active duty eligible for the Military OneSource program. Contact Military OneSource at 1-800-342-9647.
Reduced fees for those not eligible for that program.
Military and Veteran Rate:
- Family $41 per month
- Adult $21 per month
- Some restrictions may apply. For new memberships only. May not be combined with other offers.
2 Memberships in One
Membership to the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA plus our Mountain Mist Outdoor Center is included with full privilege Adult, Senior Adult, Single Parent Household, Household, and Senior Household memberships.
The Nationwide Membership program allows full facility/full privilege Y members (those holding adult, family, single parent family and senior adult memberships) to use their Y membership at other Y locations throughout the nation at no additional cost. Contact the YMCA you are going to visit for more information about their nationwide guest policies.
- Joiner's Fee:
* There will be no Joiner's Fee for when purchasing a full year membership and paying up front.
* A $36 Joiner's Fee applies to all of the above membership categories.
** A one-time $16 draft fee applies to youth and student memberships that are drafted monthly.
- Joiner's fees are used for equipment purchases and capital improvements.
- Memberships are drafted monthly out of a bank or credit card account unless otherwise noted. Annual Memberships and Program Memberships may be paid by cash, check or credit card.
- Financial assistance for memberships is available for qualifying individuals and families.
- Please stop by the Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street in Meriden and pick up an application at the Front Desk.
- Complete the application and return it to the Front Desk. Our Membership Director will review your application and follow up with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see our FAQs for guest policy, code of conduct and more.
Membership questions: Contact Carmen Chaparro, Membership and Community Engagement Director at 203.440.0260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try the Y
Want to see what the Y has to offer? Try out the YMCA for free for five days. This pass is valid for community members (adult, family, single parent family or senior adult) who have never visited the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA. This is for new members only.
- It is only for one-time use for five consecutive days.
- May not be combined with other offers.
- See Membership Options for description of memberships.
- Click on the button below to request a pass.
- Contact Carmen Chaparro for details at 203.440.0260.