Accommodating our members is every staff person’s goal. For questions about membership, please contact Carmen Chaparro, Membership and Community Engagement Director at (203) 235.6386 or email@example.com.
What are the hours?
Please visit our Schedules page.
Where can I park?
There is street parking available on West Main Street and on Butler Street. You can park for two hours on West Main Street or one hour on Butler Street. There is also parking available in our parking lot at our building at Butler Street.
The City of Meriden parking lot at 30 Butler Street uses the AirGarage system. This is paid parking weekdays 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. You can get a discount code from the Meriden YMCA front desk for two hours of free parking. Cameras photograph license plates as they enter and leave the 30 Butler Street parking lot. Users text the word pay to (475) 255.1199 to register their vehicle when they park. Users enter the discount code when leaving the parking lot. If you do not have the code or you go over the two hours, you would pay using your credit card. If you do not have a device or don't pay, you will receive a violation notice, placed on your windshield. Users follow the instructions on the notice to pay by credit card over the phone or mail it.
This parking lot is run by AirGarage, not the Meriden YMCA. If you have any questions contact Air Garage at (475) 255.1199 or (475) 255.7595.
Can I bring a guest?
1. Meriden YMCA at 110 West Main Street - Guest passes are $15 per person. A guest must come with a Meriden YMCA member. One guest per member. The YMCA reserves the right to limit the sale of day passes based on building usage. Rates are subject to change.
To obtain a Day Pass you must:
- Be 18 years of age with ID or be accompanied by a parent.
- You must be accompanied by a current active member of the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA who is a member in good standing who is 18 or older.
- Complete a visitor information form.
2. Meriden YMCA Mountain Mist Outdoor Center - One-day guest passes are available for $15 per person. The Meriden YMCA reserves the right to limit guest pass sales. The guest fee is $15 per person per day. You must be with a full Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA member (those with full privilege family, single parent family, senior, senior household, or adult membership) with a valid membership. There is a maximum of 5 guests per membership type. For example, if you have a household membership your family can bring a maximum of 5 guests with you. Guests must show photo ID and sign in. Mountain Mist passes are purchased at the Outdoor Center. All members and guests must follow Mountain Mist Outdoor Center policies and rules.
Does the Y offer financial assistance for membership?
The New Britain-Berlin YMCA provides membership and program scholarships to individuals, children, and families in need and in turn, the opportunity to participate in the Ys high quality, character building programs, regardless of one’s ability to pay. Please visit our front desk to pick up an application.
How do membership payments work?
- Monthly: Payments are drafted on the 1st or the 15th prior to the upcoming month.
- Annual: Must pay 3 months in advance or the full year. Must be renewed.
- If membership lapses joiner's fee must be paid again.
- All membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You must notify the YMCA in writing by filling our a Cancellation Form at the Front Desk one month prior to the time you would like the membership to end. The YMCA has one month to inactivate your account. It is your responsibility to verify with your bank or credit card company that payment to the YMCA has stopped. The YMCA is not responsible should payments continue to be withdrawn from your bank or credit card account.
- If you are paying for your membership through payroll deduction please contact your payroll department.
- Payment options are debit, credit or EFT Accounts.
What happens if a payment or check is returned?
If your bank draft/credit card draft is not honored by your bank the amount will be collected electronically and your account will be charged a $20 service fee. Frequent returned payments are subject to cancellation from program or membership and fees are non-refundable.
How do I cancel my membership?
Any membership resignation shall be effective one month after receipt of written notification via a cancellation form obtained at our Front Desk. Written notice must be presented at the Meriden YMCA. If you are using payroll deduction, you must notify your employer to stop payroll deductions. There will be a joiner's fee when rejoining.
Do I need to bring my membership card?
Your YMCA membership may be used for member services or program registration at member rates. A membership card is issued to every member 13 years old and older. Rates and schedules subject to change. It is necessary to present your Membership ID Card for admittance to the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA. If a member forgets his/her card, the member must verify membership with a photo ID. Any member who lends his/her card or assists a non-member in unauthorized use of the facility subjects their membership to revocation.
What is the general refund policy?
If any class or program is canceled by the YMCA, a full refund of paid program fees, plus membership fees if taken out solely to participate in the canceled class, will be made by check from the YMCA. Other membership, program, joiner’s and drafting fee are nonrefundable. Any program or fitness classes not held for holidays or due to inclement weather are not refundable nor transferable.
What is the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA Code of Conduct?
At the Meriden-New Britain-Berlin YMCA, we expect staff, members and guests to behave in accordance with our mission and values at all times respecting the rights and dignity of others. The YMCA is a family organization and we expect members and their guests to behave in a manner consistent with the YMCA's core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
At the YMCA we demonstrate these values by:
- Speaking in respectful tones, refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language, and dressing appropriately.
- Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest and caring manner; never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
- Creating a safe, caring environment.
- Participating in programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body; never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on YMCA premises.
Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct and regulations is essential. Noncompliance may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges. Membership privileges may be suspended or revoked for any behavior that jeopardizes the health and safety of YMCA members, participants, facilities and equipment.
What are the conditions of membership?
- When applying for a membership, one must present a valid photo id, review our code of conduct, and complete and sign an application.
- For safety, emergency and security reasons, all members must present their membership card at the front desk when using the facility or participating in a program. Guests must produce a photo id, review our guest policy, and sign our guest book.
- Membership privileges and cards are not transferable.
- Membership dues, joining fees and program fees are subject to change.
- Lost cards will be replaced by the membership staff; there is a $8 replacement fee.
- Returned checks and bank drafts: If your bank draft/credit card draft is not honored by your bank the amount will be collected electronically and your account will be charged a $20 service fee.
- The Meriden YMCA reserves the right to reject or cancel any application or membership. We take very seriously the safety and well being of our members and participants. Our policy prohibits membership to anyone convicted of a criminal sex offense or anyone who is a registered sex offender. The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
What are the facility rules?
- Positively no smoking or tobacco products, alcohol throughout the facility and YMCA grounds.
- No food or drinks (excluding water in water bottles) in locker rooms, exercise areas, or gymnasium.
- No profanity or abusive language.
- Shirt and shorts, or warm ups, and athletic shoes are required in all parts of the building.
- Non-marking gym shoes are required on all courts.
- Members are responsible for guests and their behavior.
- Bathing suits (no cut offs or underwear) are required for swimming and sauna areas.
- Please report violations of the rules or damaged equipment to the front desk staff.
- At no time are children under the age of 13 allowed to be dropped off and left unattended in the facility except during supervised youth programs.
- Children under age 13 must be supervised by their parents while at the Y.
- Children ages 7 to 11 may use the Exergame Room. (See Exergame Room Rules.) - The Exergame Room is closed at this time.
- Children age 12 and older whose parents have a family membership may go to aerobics classes with their parent (with the approval of the instructor.)
- Child Watch is available to our members with family or single parent household memberships for children ages 3 months to 9 years old that are part of the membership.
- After 7:00 p.m. any persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Adult Locker Room is for use by members ages 21 and over. No children are allowed in the sauna. No exceptions.
- Family Locker Rooms are available to parents assisting an opposite-gender child and to those who require special assistance.
- See our Fitness Center Policies and Pool Rules.
What is the cell phone policy?
Our YMCA has instituted a cell phone policy for the protection of each member’s privacy and safety as well as to maintain a peaceful environment for all to enjoy. Cell phone use is prohibited in all fitness and program areas and all locker rooms with the exception of listening to music in fitness areas with ear buds while you work out. Tablet and computer use is also prohibited in locker rooms and saunas. Common social areas such as hallways and lobby may be used for conversations. We appreciate your adherence to this policy on behalf of your fellow members.
What are the Fitness Center policies?
- 14 years of age or older.
- Graduates of the Middle School Strength Training Program (for grades 6 through 8) may use the Fitness Facility Monday - Friday from 5:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and anytime during hours of operation on Saturday and Sunday accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Underage children are not permitted to sit inside the Fitness Center or in the hallway for family members.
- The Fitness Staff on duty reserves the right to expel any individual who is not age appropriate, behaves in a disrespectful manner towards staff and other members, refuses to pick up after themselves, uses inappropriate language and fails to comply with proper attire policy.
- See full policies for the Fitness Center ›
Can members reserve a racquetball court?
Two courts may be reserved in person at the front desk or by phone. One hour time slots are available. Bring your own equipment.
How do I make Spinning reservations?
Class reservations are made the day before class by signing up at the Front Desk in person or over the phone.
What is the Photo/Video/Audio Recording Policy?
The YMCA routinely photographs and/or video/audiotapes our members and program participants in various activities. Some of these photos, videos and narrative accounts of member experiences may be used in our marketing, advertising, and fundraising materials. If you do not want to be photographed or videotaped, or your story to be used please tell the photographer/videographer. Taking photographs and/or recording audio or video without authorization is not allowed in certain areas within the facilities.
Is there a lost and found area?
Any lost items which we recover are placed in our Lost and Found container. See the Front Desk Staff. The YMCA is not responsible for damage, lost or stolen articles of clothing or any other personal property of any member or guest.
Where do I find storm closings and delayed openings information?
Storm closings or delayed openings will be listed on WFSB channel 3 and on our website home page, social media, and mobile app. Be sure to call us at (203) 235.6386 before venturing out in inclement weather to check on the status of programs and classes.
Who do I contact for Facility Rentals?
We have three attractive rooms that can be rented during the hours that the YMCA is open. Please contact us at (203) 235.6386 for more information or stop by the Front Desk.
The Meriden YMCA Pool and our Mountain Mist Outdoor Center are also available for rental. For information, call Cathy Lewis at (203) 440.1870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.